SUBURBICON, Urban Escape Vehicle.

justcuz

Explorer
A very cool build indeed!
The stability of the longer wheelbase with the short rear overhang will allow it to be a stable towing vehicle if need be.
Did you ever get the rear windows figured out?

justcuz

Explorer
How's this beauty progressing? It's been over a month since your last post and I am curious as hell how this baby is doing.

Dratwagon

Adventurer
It's been hot and I've been working around the house but I have been working on the front bumper and when I get something worth taking pictures I'll post up.
Thanks

egpeil

You did a great job. I had an 89 GMC Suburban - to this day it is one of my favorite vehicles and I always wanted to do what you are doing. I'll have to say though that I never thought about shortening it but that is a cool idea. My old Sub now sits in a bone yard rotting away and it makes me sick every time I see it which is usually once a month. A friend with an offroad shop bought it from me with great plans but has never followed through on.

Now I have a new project though - a 2004 Ford E350 van with a Quigley conversion and a 6.0L diesel. I hope to actually begin building it this winter. Best of luck with your Suburbicon, hope to see more of it.

onemanarmy

Explorer
So why bob the Suburban and then hang such a massive bumper that sticks that far out from the body on the rear? That kills quite a bit of your departure angle.

Why not start with a first gen 4 door tahoe?

Ever get the gaskets/glass for the cargo windows?

Dratwagon

Adventurer
So why bob the Suburban and then hang such a massive bumper that sticks that far out from the body on the rear? That kills quite a bit of your departure angle.

the bumper is less than an inch from the fuel tank, makes for a great step, will help protect anything mounted above it and will help balance out the look of the front bumper.

Why not start with a first gen 4 door tahoe?

I like square bodies, no computers and it was $600. With no rust

Ever get the gaskets/glass for the cargo windows?

I have the gaskets and the plexiglass, it's been nice not having them in while working on the roof rack and interior.

thanks

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle