Suggestions for custom headliner

hakalugi

expoooooo?
I am considering fabricating a hardtop for my soft top/no top modified series 80.

As a fair weather weekend truck- my Bimini top works great. But for road trips with TBD weather and gear theft/loss, a hard top is what I have on my todo list.

My roll cage may serve as a form/support and possibly structure, the shell itself will be fiberglass wrapped akume plywood (think stitch and glue kayaks)

On the inside of the shell: I’m not sure what material to use. I’m looking for something sound dampening and smell resistant, and non flammable which I can adhere to the inside of my shell/top.

What have you used to line your custom tops/campers/trailers?

Attachments

• IMG_0575.jpeg
    IMG_0575.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Zeep

Adventurer
A safari top would probably suit your needs. A design with roll up side windows.
JSHERB is well known in the Jeep sub category. Look him up and pm, him. He should be able to point you in the right direction.

hakalugi

expoooooo?
Thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind if I want a hard 'top' and roll-up windows.

my full soft-top has roll up windows between the C and D pillars (and the rear 'window') it's nice. but it's not "leave tools in the bed and go inside a truck stop to eat" secure.

Attachments

• fzj-48l front warrenton.jpg
    fzj-48l front warrenton.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 6
  • fzj-48l rear warrenton.jpg
    fzj-48l rear warrenton.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior