Super Select (4wd mode) lights in cluster are all inop. (1995 SR)

agrabau

I did a little searching but I didn't come up with anything. I went down a really bumpy dirt road at fairly high speed a few months ago and all of the 4wd lights on my 1995 SR went out.

4wd still works, everything works mechanically. I attribute the failure to the rattling but who knows.

Does anyone have any advice on where to look? None of the lights work on the super select part of the cluster but the rest of the cluster works fine. This, I think is either a sensor problem on the transmission or perhaps part of the cluster is broken?

Thanks for any help.

Alex

PacS14

Adventurer
Try replacing the light bulbs on the cluster. Search some members have listed specific bulbs to buy and replace all of them.

agrabau

It was answer 1- the fuse. I didn't consider this given when the lights went out but sure enough...I knew it wasn't the bulbs bc there are (6?) Of them for that part of the cluster.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
It was answer 1- the fuse. I didn't consider this given when the lights went out but sure enough...I knew it wasn't the bulbs bc there are (6?) Of them for that part of the cluster.

Glad I could help. In some vehicles the entire dash is on the same fuse, so I can see why it may have thrown you off at first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12