Superduty Tire Size - 7.3L

somebodyelse5

Hey folks,

looking for some tire size suggestions for a leveled 2002 F350 with the 7.3L

been googling all night and see some wild claims on sizing, but very little consensus, anyone with first hand experience?

tplane2

Leafs are the limiting factor. I'll let the experts chime in, but you'd most likely be rubbing with anything over 35" on stock wheels. Aftermarket with different backspacing will be a different story.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Assuming the proper offset, Lt315x75x16's (35's) will fit, typically only rubbing mud flaps under full lock & stuff.

Anything larger and you will limit your (already pretty terrible) turning radius as you will contact the leafs.

somebodyelse5

Assuming the proper offset, Lt315x75x16's (35's) will fit, typically only rubbing mud flaps under full lock & stuff.

Anything larger and you will limit your (already pretty terrible) turning radius as you will contact the leafs.
Thanks! Is proper offset, factory offset? Or am I going to need to bump things out a bit?

ogre

I was running 295/75/16 on 8" wheels on a leveled 2002 f350. You could probably run 315/75/16.
View attachment 618863

Truck looks nice.
What level kit are you using?

To the original poster you should be able to fit 35” tires. Some rubbing on the leaf springs on factory wheels. I know aftermarket wheels will allow no rub, but I’m unsure of what offset you would need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UHAULER

Explorer
Truck looks nice.
What level kit are you using?

To the original poster you should be able to fit 35” tires. Some rubbing on the leaf springs on factory wheels. I know aftermarket wheels will allow no rub, but I’m unsure of what offset you would need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was just a cheap shackle and add a leaf . I sold that truck 3 years ago.

andy_b

Hey folks,

looking for some tire size suggestions for a leveled 2002 F350 with the 7.3L

been googling all night and see some wild claims on sizing, but very little consensus, anyone with first hand experience?

Like you, I also had a hard time finding actual info. I have a 2000 F350 leveled using a Rough Country mini pack. I’m running Toyo RTs in a 285/75-18 on 18x9 Method 701 HDs. I don’t know the specs off the top of my head, but the offset on these appear stock when mounted (obviously, the offset is not stock, but neither is the width).

I rub on the front leafs at full full and plan on drilling the spindles to add steering stops.

Wheels with lower offset than stock (assuming backspacing doesn’t change) will push the inner edge of the tire away from the springs for clearance. In theory, this also puts more strain on the wheel bearings. A similar effect can also be accomplished with spacers.

In this photo the front shock (2”+ over factory) is fully compressed. There is still space in the wheel well on all sides.

EFD18801-B41D-4AC8-9116-A097500B9CA8.jpeg

somebodyelse5

Like you, I also had a hard time finding actual info. I have a 2000 F350 leveled using a Rough Country mini pack. I’m running Toyo RTs in a 285/75-18 on 18x9 Method 701 HDs. I don’t know the specs off the top of my head, but the offset on these appear stock when mounted (obviously, the offset is not stock, but neither is the width).

I rub on the front leafs at full full and plan on drilling the spindles to add steering stops.

Wheels with lower offset than stock (assuming backspacing doesn’t change) will push the inner edge of the tire away from the springs for clearance. In theory, this also puts more strain on the wheel bearings. A similar effect can also be accomplished with spacers.

In this photo the front shock (2”+ over factory) is fully compressed. There is still space in the wheel well on all sides.

View attachment 618896

Thanks sir, I am thinking your setup (rims included) is pretty close to what I'm going for.

Do you have any side on photos you'd be able to share?

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
35x12.50 will fit just fine, you could also do something like a 315/70/17 as well. Post some pics!

EDIT: Sorry I read it as 2020 F350, not 2002. I'm not familiar with the older trucks so disregard my info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179