SURPRISED no one offers a box truck moto van camper like this.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
What? Who doesn't love the smell of gas and exhaust?

What's gross is camping in -30, lol

Guess the difference with a sled and motorcycle is, with a motorcycle you don't need to fire it up to unload it.

Just an option for people that maybe don't want to tow a separate trailer.

Wouldn't really work for me as we already have a truck and bumper pull travel trailer. Can't double tow here unless the camper is a 5th wheel.
Due to payload I can't haul my bike in the bed while towing either. I'm pretty much screwed for taking my bike with me when we go camping.

Just thought it was a neat idea.
Why can't the bike go in the back of that F 150?

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Why can't the bike go in the back of that F 150?
Cause it's full of firewood when we head out. I ain't payin' no $20 for 8 pieces of firewood at the campground....

firewood.jpg

I'd also be over payload. My payload is 1,777 lbs. Bike is roughly 500 lbs.
Dry hitch weight on my trailer is 728 lbs..... plus add in the weight of the weight distributing hitch, passengers and crap that's in the cab etc....
(Also have to subtract the weight of the tonneau cover, boxliner, yadda, yadda, yadda...from my payload as well)

I'm already running at the limit on this truck sometimes, haha

1777.jpg

If I had a 1 ton I may consider putting a front receiver and hauling the bike up front. But not sure if the bike + rack would be too heavy up front for even a 1 ton.

Last edited:

renottse

Funny, I just came upon this thread over on ADVRider.
Yeah, it’s starting to take shape thought / discussion wise.

Be the usual question of does he “stay with simple, use then mod as needed “

Or “ over engineer / scope creep / partners needs incorporated / got a bargain on this so now I can do this…”

Time will tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online