SUV storage ideas...

Oobray

Adventurer
Guys, I know everyone "stores stuff" in their rigs. That's kinda all an expo rig is about. But I have been searching and I haven't really find many pics/info on how guys are doing it in SUV's. I'm trying to get a storage system put together for my rig. Not for camping necessarily but mostly for hunting. My idea is to build a shelf 48" x 36" x 10". Under that will be these plastic containers that I had at work. They're SUPER heavy duty. In those I'll store all my little things like scent sprays, safety ropes, tools, calls etc. On top I'll store the big things like blinds, tree stands etc. I was hoping to find someone that has already made a similar setup. I can build stuff, but it usually turns out way more functional and not to aesthetic. Oh, I also will want it to be somewhat removable. About 1-3x/year I need to use my third row seat. So being able to take it out would be really helpful. I've also found some HD drawer slides and thought about making a sliding top so that all my heavy stuff on top could be reached more easily. But just the drawer slides are close to $500 :Wow1: I'm also trying to come up with a way to make a lockable area for my bows and guns (on the rare occasion I bring a gun).

Any thoughts or directions to point?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears