Suzuki Owners; Let's see your ExPo Trucks

hughmungas

^^^ I want to see more of this one!!

I'm currently dropping the body about 2 inches to lower the center of gravity, swapping out the engine driven fan to 2 electric ones and making the hood into a fold forward front clip design. Once I finish that up, I'll post some current action pics. There is a build thread for it on zuwharrie's forum with a bunch of older pics of its transformation. http://bbs.zuwharrie.com/content?topic=45579.0 I've gone through a lot of changes in the build of this thing over time.

GustavoP

From Argentina, Suzuki Sidekick JLX 95
Following Dakar 2012 - Mendoza
DSCN1394.JPG

DSCN1340.JPG

DSCN1321.JPG

IMGP0151.jpgIMGP0138.jpgIMGP2629.jpg
The blue/purple one is My 96 Geo Tracker that has been all over Arizona. My son drives it now, so I am building an 87 Tin top. Its been a very long build project, but may actually be movable under its own power by next month.

Overland_Vitara

Vitara overland build from the UK

I've been lurking here for a while, and thought it about time I showed you my Suzuki Vitara (as it's called in the UK). I'm building it as a mini expedition/overland truck, with the aim to be self supported out of it for seven days. As awesome as they can be I just don't have the means to build a multi-thousand pound 110 Land Rover or Toyota Land Cruiser, and nor do I want to. I love the Vitara, and I think basing an overland truck on one will be fun and challenging.
Plus, I don't see myself hitting the road on a three month road trip, more one week and a few weekends a year off wild camping somewhere, so the Vit should be perfect.
I do a lot of bushcraft camping, and can happily live out of a rucksack for a few days, so I should certainly be able to live out of a Vitara for a week.

It has a 3" Calmini lift kit fitted, which I bought second hand and painted red. One of my mates from my 4x4 club told me I wasn't allowed to re-do it blue, although he probably meant it should be black but he didn't specify, so... :D I fitted it with new poly bushes all round, and as the shox which came with it were just about borked I kept my front strutts with spacers added, and fitted a pair of Astra shox on the rear.
The car the kit came off had been modified to take Land Rover rear springs, which wouldn't fit my un-modified rear axle, so it's fitted with a set of +2" IronMan springs and set of spring spacers given to me by the same mate from the 4x4 club.
Next up will be tyres and freewheeling hubs. I pondered long and hard about what tyre size to go for, my choice being 235/75 15 or 31"x10.5. As the car is being built for nothing more extreme than a bit of laning and taking me wild camping, I decided to go with the 235's. I have a set of 15x8 modulars for it, and the tyres I'll get real soon. Also, going for 235's means I don't have to body lift it, which to be honest I just can't be bothered to do.
Currently the only mod other than the lift kit is a set of Subaru Impreza seats up front and the rears removed.

And here it is...

lifted8.jpg

lifted10.jpg

There's still a list as long as your arm of things I want to do to it, but as I don't have a drive and it lives of the street they'll all be quite subtle. I've decided on not fitting aftermarket bumpers to it, for both subtlety and cost, and will be keeping the stock bumpers, albeit trimmed a bit.
The big project, which I'll be starting real soon, is an engine transplant. It's getting a Peugeot 1.9 turbo diesel engine fitted, which will transform it in terms of both off road driving and on road fuel economy.
Beyond that it's all small things like window tints and a roofrack.
After taking inspiration from the 'show us your storage drawers' thread on here I'm also building a full set of storage drawers in the back.

Thirsty

Today I got my OME lift and 30" BFG ATs on the Samurai. Hopefully soon it'll be out and about much more often.

Anyway here are a few before and after pics. The before pics are on stock suspension wearing 235/75s on stock wheels

stock.JPGstock3.JPGomeon30s2.JPGomeon30s3.JPG

I didn't get the droped pitman arm or OME steering stabelizer on yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior