swedish skerrys

soenke

Adventurer
just a few impressions from this summer paddeling the skerry area in the Swedisch Skagerrak, (west coast between Göteburg and Oslo)

we had sunny and hot weather and almost 24h light, modest wind (altough most times blowing in the face )
but too many lokal people have been roaring around in small motor boats, looking for a nice skerry for all day sun bathing, to feel peace during the day....so we have seen more nudes on the rocks then wildlife...

2515426.jpg

2515517.jpg

2515520.jpg

2515523.jpg

2515428.jpg

2515429.jpg

2515430.jpg

2515431.jpg

2515432.jpg

it´s a beuatifull landscape, but we would recommend to avoid the swedish holiday season...

Last edited:

T.Low

Expedition Leader
For those of you that don't know, "skerry" is a european term for "rocky outcropping".

How far out do you have to paddle to get to these particular skerrys?

Great pics, thanks.

grahamfitter

Expedition Leader
Off topic: How do you like the Feathercraft K2? I had a good look at an early one years ago but it was in a store and I didn't get the chance to paddle it.

Definitely looks like a great place to paddle. (My parents have and came back raving about it. Their only complaint was their car was broken into sometime during the week or so they left it.)

Cheers,
Graham

soenke

Adventurer
T.Low,
the skerrys cluster together, sometimes starting right at the coastline, sometimes 10km offshore...

Graham,
we love to paddle the K2 (compared to the the Klepper foldables Expedition I and the Prion PE Yukon ), it is very stable in rough water and we feel saver with the sea socks. Using a Double instead of the K1 doubles the power and allows one off us to concentrate on something else then the boat while navigation or bird watching...
But its very heavy (we have to unload it to carry it) and preperation takes up to two hours...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998