Switch Pros vs. sPod switching/wiring solutions

jon c

Supporting Sponsor: Magpul
Looking for some experience with a couple of different wiring solutions. I'm largely done with all of the mechanical stuff for my truck and it's time to wire up everything. I'm not an electrician by any means, but I can handle these I'm fairly certain.

I'm looking at the Switch Pros SP8100 and the sPod SE with LCD screen to wire up and control my accessories.

Current needs:
- Rigid light bar
- ARB Intensity lights
- ARB compressor
- ARB Air Locker

I've only got two extra switch slots in my truck as it sits, but I think a singe switch bank would be a lot cleaner and more manageable.It will also give me room to grow if I add more lights or a power source in the bed for fridges, etc. It seems both are capable of handling the power draw easily, just wondering if anyone has used or installed both and had any insight one way or another. I know with the Switch Pros box you have to terminate the grounds somewhere else, and sPod has grounding points...it's also about $300 more.

franks71vw

I am leaning towards the Sp8100 as it has 8 switches that can be programmed for different functions (ie strobe lights, on, off, always on etc) plus you can two of the connections that are designated and can have 30 amp load. OPS did you set something up?

Shred-Head

I recently installed the SP8100 in my 4runner and have been very satisfied with it. I was also debating between Spod and Swithpros but liked the flush mount control panel a lot better than the Spod touchscreen or rocker switches. The Bluetooth, strobe, memory, etc. functions are also a really nice feature that comes standard on the SP.

Only downside with the SP (as mentioned) is that you need to ground all your circuits somewhere, but it's really not a big deal. I will eventually install a ground block to keep things clean as I add more accessories, but for now I'm just using the factory ground location.

Photo Mar 16, 5 38 18 PM.jpg

goodspeed

It depends on where you live because there are many good electricians, but if you are a long-distance away then I see no sense in coming to change some lighting for your home. It will not be profitable. But, so I can recommend you a very good company that deals with such services electricians Sutherland, I have been using their services for several years, and I am quite satisfied. Now they even have a discount of $50. You can try to contact them, maybe they have a branch office in your city.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger