Switched the Ford Escape for an FJ62 LandCruiser

NomadEffect

Wow, it's pure hard work. It looks like you're really getting closer to finish the build.
Hi, yeah hard work and a bit out of our depth. Yes! once the barn doors are all sorted and we get her painted everything will fly onto her like a magnet.

NomadEffect

Happy New Year everyone and thank you for all the great feedback!! Hoping everyone got to hit the road in their prospective rigs.

We had a bit of time off working on the car over the holidays but we're now back in full swing.

I've seen a lot of discussions about using Monstaliner and other Bedliners on here. Here is our 1st thoughts on the product. Overall good, just hard for people that have never used this sort of product (us):

NomadEffect

Ok, so we've had some updates on life and the cruiser.

Firstly I hope you guys can understand from this 1st video why it's taken us so long to get back to the regular updates:

And finally we're able to get back to working on the old girl:

We also wanted to say how much we appreciate the messages and people checking in on us during our brief hiatus. We love this community.

Ben & Sof

FJ62 is a real 4wd, so much more durable of a vehicle than a Ford Escape or other "cute ute."

Where did you find the "barn doors" ? You may regret the swap while camping as the tail gate is a handy table/bench.

Good luck on your project, you guys have a great start! (y)

NomadEffect

FJ62 is a real 4wd, so much more durable of a vehicle than a Ford Escape or other "cute ute."

Where did you find the "barn doors" ? You may regret the swap while camping as the tail gate is a handy table/bench.

Good luck on your project, you guys have a great start! (y)
Yeah we always knew the escape wasn’t a real off-roader as I’ve had an FJ40, BJ40 and a Mitsubishi Pajero in Australia. It was just the car we had and honestly totally capable of the adventure we took it on. The 2005 Escape was pretty underrated. Especially with the OME suspension lift and K02’s we had on it.
We got the Barn Doors from someone who imported them from Australia.
Sofia can’t reach into the back of the car over the tailgate so it was not useful to us at all. Ours was also badly dented so we’d have had to replace it anyway and the barn doors are much more practical for a shorter person to reach the kitchen setup in the back.
Thanks so much for taking the time to write and we’ll do our best to keep on it!!

NomadEffect

Nomad Effect updates on your FJ62 ? (y)
Hi! Yes there’s this video from last week. We managed to set aside one day to start working on the interior.

We’ve done a small amount of work since this video. I decided to cap off the rear heater instead of repairing it and I’m really trying to film a video on the dry ice method of removing the weird butyl stuff that is used from the factory as sound deadening.
I’m currently editing. It’s just been a crazy week?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior