Switching from adjustable to gas shocks. Fun question about dangling adjusters:

mapper

Explorer
So, on my gen 2.5 the little adjusting motors are removed/removable from the original shocks. I removed adjustable shocks to install KYBs as part of drivetrain "refresh" in order to eliminate a high speed vibration. I'm now in the process of getting everything all buttoned up.

Any creative/brilliant thoughts on how to keep the loose adjuster mechanisms protected for potential future use? The adjustable shocks for a gen 2.5 can still potentially be bought online for a not totally unreasonable amount. If I choose to keep the truck I may want to go back to adjustable. Also I'm not sure if I'll cause and funny control unit error if I unplug the things.

My best thought is to entomb them in a Ziploc baggie, mummified in duct tape. Open to suggestions :ylsmoke:

JamesW

Adventurer
Mine had them wee caps from the canisters off a gas stove tied over the top,but they gradually disappeared,I'd guess that your idea is as good as it will get really

mapper

Explorer
Pirate....that is brilliant idea. You could actually put the shrink tubing, wire size, over only the small piece that has the actual adjusting mechanism. Shrink it down, fold over the excess and zip tie. Would have been much faster than what I did.

I rigged each unit with a duct tape alone, wrapped very uniquely. It will suffice for now but next time I'm monkeying around I'll consider redoing them with shrink wrap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman