Switzerland, Klöntal

Surfy

Adventurer
At Friday i could pickup the car. It dont is really finished - but for a first trip it was finished enough.

Therefore we had plans for friday night (Swiss cheese Fondue with friends) - we decide to do a one night trip from samedy to sunday.
Also it is the first night for my Girlfriend - and i hope she will like it - so it is better to stay only one night out.

We still have not choosen how we will cook in africa (Gas, Petroleum), dont have a table - and have to improvise a bit.

So we bought a disposable grill, a big torch, and start pretty late so the day was almost gone as reached the lake

IMG_1181.JPG

And we have to cross the mountain pass. But we found a nice spot at daylight, but till the fire light - the night was there. Just in time, i would say.

IMG_1184.JPG

The starts in the sky are so bright in the mountains - beautiful. But it get cold too, arround 5 Celsius degrees - good to have a fire!

We sleep very well inside, and push two times the webasto parking heater, that warms the car quickly without beeing too loud.

We sleeped very well, and wake up pretty late arround 10 o clock. Now it was time to show my girlfriend, that all neccecary stuff is there - it was.

IMG_1203.JPG

IMG_1210.JPG

And we had get a really beatiful place on a small creek!

IMG_1212.JPG

We cross the area for the rest of our day

IMG_1238.JPG

More pictures you find in my blog @ http://transafrica2012.blogspot.de

It was a god way to test our setup, we will spend some weeks soon! Lucky me, that me Girlfriend really enjoy this kind of overlanding.

Surfy

gm13

Adventurer
Looks like a beautiful area and nice set up you've there. Reminds me I need to install the espar before winter. Your webasto looks like it may heat water too? Thanks for posting.

Surfy

Adventurer
It is really beautiful - the pictures are done with my iphone - so it is nicer to see it live!

Yes, the water from the cooling circuit gets warmed too with the webasto device. If it is enough to heat up our heatexchanger (only from the webasto) for warm water - this is still untested.

Surfy

ed604

Adventurer
That looks so beautiful! What a wonderful place. Thanks for the pictures! I intend to show these to my wife, we have been talking of Europe

Ed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78