T-100/trip mod

DangT-100

Observer
Taken my girls out west to N. New Mex where we use to live. Thinkin of taking the bed off the truck and mounting my slide-in camper. I think the weight loss of the bed would be good(the slide in is a little big for the truck) and maybe the addition of storage boxes on the sides could wok out nicely...custom flat bed on '97 T-100 4X4 Anybody done that or seen it? We will do some moderate trails, goin to places I've been to before so nothin to crazy.

jim65wagon

I don't know why it wouldn't work, but I'd just slide the camper on and put a set of airbags on the truck to help with the weight....

jh504

Explorer
I've seen a few trucks setup like that. One had a utility bed with a slide in, and the other was a custom setup like what your saying. I'll try and find a picture.

EDIT: Here's a pic of something similar:

utilitybed.jpg

DangT-100

Observer
yep, that is pretty much the idea...except mine would probably be more salvage yardish. Seems like all the posts I've seen lately about airbags have been about plugs and problems but I will look into it. Kinda would like to lose weight in hopes of better mpg. Could be negligible. Thanks for the replies.

DangT-100

Observer
Camper goin on this Thurs. for my annual Big South Fork trail running race. I'll take some pics and do some measurements. All in put appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78