Table? Level your stove?

Lykos

Super Trucker
Hey y'all!
I run a Coleman propane stove, love it, and was wondering if there's any clever trail hacks or mods to help level it?

And, I'm running Rubbermaid folding tables. They're great but really slick. Are these high dollar tables y'all run really worth the extra dollars? Are they less slick? Easy to level?

Help me get to that next level of camp sophistication! Please!

gringo m

Observer
I use my camp shovel to dig a little hole to drop the high side in, and carry 6 4"x 4"x 3/8" plywood squares if needed.

Lykos

Super Trucker
I use a hanging table I use straps to raise or lower it, easy to level.

That's an interesting idea. The factory roof rack on my Z71 is sturdy enough to handle such a contraption and it looks simple enough for a clutz like me to build.

I do a lot of music and art festivals. That's a ton of prolonged camping and cooking for others. All I'm really looking for is a level food prep surface and this might just do it. Thanks for sharing!

Rivers2run

Observer
It is a snap to make the critical part is getting the angle right. Where the top snap on link is you can put a strap on it lower or raise it, level it, you have complete freedom. Just need a hard surface at the back and it is completely stable. You can find the stoppers where they have the clothesline hardware.

Kerensky97

Xterra101
I just use my tailgate as a table. Although I like to keep the stove separate and it has it's own stand. But the modern Coleman stove stands are absolute crap! Go on ebay and get the old 1960's aluminum coleman stove stands. They usually sell for less than the modern ones anyway.

krick3tt

Adventurer
My camp table has adjustable legs for uneven terrain. Really don't like the eggs running to one side of the pan.

Lykos

Super Trucker
I just use my tailgate as a table. Although I like to keep the stove separate and it has it's own stand. But the modern Coleman stove stands are absolute crap! Go on ebay and get the old 1960's aluminum coleman stove stands. They usually sell for less than the modern ones anyway.
I'll check out out!
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior