Tacoma Ball Joint Recall '01-'04

rbrownmr2

Observer
Thanks for the heads up on this Box Rocket. I had the ball joints replaced, alignment, tire rotation and car wash all for $20 today.

Sackett

I used to be a Toyota mechanic...

A customer came in with a noise complaint, I got in it, and didn't make it out of the parking lot before the right front came apart and slammed on the ground. He was lucky he brought it in that day.

You can even call your local dealership, give them your vin, and hopefully someone nice on the phone can tell you if you have any open campains.

spdracr

Thanks for the replies, I'm going to give my local dealer a shout in the morning. They have good reputation for customer service; however, years in the automotive industry I have heard my fair share of horror stories. Just wanted to know what I might possibly be up against.

4xdog

Explorer
If one registers their Tacoma and VIN on the owners section of toyota.com, it'll have all the records on the vehicle, including recall service performed (or not).

My truck shows the ball joint recall was taken care of at 46956 miles on 8/23/2005 (four years before I owned the truck). Yes, this is an important one if it hasn't been done yet on your vehicle.

MidnightRider

MidnightRider
I believe my lower b/j on my 04 Taco are making a clunk noise when I go over speed bumps, out of driveways etc. I am going to call and check if they are under warrenty.

Zam15

Explorer
Thought I could get some new LBJ but:
"There are no open Special Service Campaigns or Safety Recalls on your vehicle" I guess that's a good thing..

But is nice to see that Toyota has the full service history before I bought the truck, nice knowing it was always taken care of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman