Tacoma bed can and tool storage

Andy@AAV

Old Marine
I was tired of my fuel and water cans being strapped to the wall of my bed and my tools and recovery gear drifting around in my cab so it was time to come up with something better. Huge thanks to Roverchef for doing pretty much all of the work on this project. If it hadn't been for him moving in next door this would never have been done...

This was the idea, 2 fuel cans on the driver's side, 2 water cans on the passenger side and tools in the center. And everything off the floor so I could still fit long items (target stands?) in the bed.
IMG_0016_zps91fea373.jpg
IMG_0014_zps34f40431.jpg

Then the tube work began! Roverchef did all of this, I helped by holding the tubes when he cut them...
IMG_0020_zps627085c1.jpg

IMG_0021_zps795f7f4d.jpg

More welding and cutting (none by me, thanks again roverchef!) and here it is with the center basket in and painted.
IMG_0026_zps1d0a2d70.jpg

IMG_0027_zps3b41d5b8.jpg

Now to wait another 24 hours for the paint (rustoleum bed liner) to cure, then to put on the tie downs and everything is done!

Did I mention thanks to Roverchef?

Andy@AAV

Old Marine
Nice little rack to keep the crap from flying all over the box. Nice sig too!

Thanks! Again I have to point out that Roverchef did pretty much all the work though.

Someone PM'd me a while back about the ad being a legend and that there is actually a reward offered for proof it did exist. Legend or real, either way I think it says a lot about the right frame of mind we should have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior