Tacoma camper

tacollie

Glamper
Money can fix a lot of things! They added front big brakes, rear disk brakes, larger rear end, 5.29 gears, 270 amp alternator, big gas tank, long travel suspension, modified the frame, and a super charger. The camper looks amazing. The craftsmanship seems incredibly well thought out. I love Toyotas but the current Tacoma isn't their finest work.

Also, you missed the other thread.

Last edited:

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Money can fix a lot of things! They added front big brakes, rear disk brakes, larger rear end, 5.29 gears, 270 amp alternator, big gas tank, long travel suspension, modified the frame, and a super charger. The camper looks amazing. The craftsmanship seems incredibly well thought out. I love Toyotas but the current Tacoma isn't their finest work.

Also, you missed the other thread.

It is witchcraft. Got it.

phsycle

Adventurer
$400k for essentially a modern day Chinook, except more underpowered ?
And the millennial with the flat bill ought to get those rich folks breaking out the checkbooks. Thanks, Kelso! Dude, that’s like sweet!

Seriously, who does this cater to, other than instagrammers with 10M followers? Those that can drop $400k+ cash would get an earthroamer instead.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
And the millennial with the flat bill ought to get those rich folks breaking out the checkbooks. Thanks, Kelso! Dude, that’s like sweet!

Seriously, who does this cater to, other than instagrammers with 10M followers? Those that can drop $400k+ cash would get an earthroamer instead.
I thought the exact same thing. 400K is crazy.

tacollie

Glamper

Funny enough that's the opposite of my experiences. Everyone I know that likes it is over 50.

My stepdad emailed me the link and said if he was 15 years younger he would order. He's 77 now. He thinks it looks cutting edge.

I was talking trash about it too some friends on their mid 50s. They said it's seems super cool and I shouldn't be so negative?

My millennial friends think it's a waste of money that could be invested in stocks or rentals?

It looks cool and well built. The 7 units they sell a year will make a rad life style business.

brycercampbell

No amount of frame enhancement or supercharging or regearing or anything else will fix the near death experience of driving this with a 15mph crosswind. Pass. You’re spending 400k, get a f350.

BKinzey

To be old and grumpy.

Too much "Bro" style of talk for me to watch.

2nd, I'm going to trash "Tacoma Beast" a little. Couple of years ago Tacoma Beast took a trip through a protected area with petroglyphs and put out a video of the trip. Later, others in the same area posted pics of "Tacoma Beast" having been scrawled on a rock in the protected area. There was lots of discussion of who did it, who knew about it, and how connected to the company they were or weren't. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'll probably look for a review/ promotion video by someone else.

phsycle

Adventurer
…The 7 units they sell a year will make a rad life style business.

I’d be very surprised if they sell 7 units a year (is there any credible source other than some company salesman trying to create hype?). Even if they did, can’t imagine what their margins will be, especially the first 3-5 years. Especially with the current market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12