Tacoma CB in ash tray location, volume?

Nitetrain04

For those of you Tacoma drivers with a CB in the ash tray location(like a Uniden 520), are conversations loud enough to hear without an external speaker? I just picked up a Cobra 19 and I like the cleanliness of the ash tray mount, but I'm also considering mounting the CB to the left of the steering wheel to make sure I can hear incoming transmissions.
Thanks!

irish_11

Explorer
I have had no problem with mine over the last two years. I can hear it just fine down there. The only issue was taking apart the dash to hook it up to the SWR meter to dial it in. (but that was operators error on my behalf)

Box Rocket

I never ran mine without the external speaker so I can't comment on the volume without it, but I've like the little external speaker I got with mine. It has worked out well and was pretty cheap.

_MG_1940.jpg

austintaco

Explorer
ditto what others have said. Here's mine:
15a018f9.jpg

That picture was taken before I did some adjustments so that all of the bezels would be more snug.

As a bonus, I ran the old ashtray light around the side to the passenger floorboard area so it gives just a bit of ambient light for my wife to find all those things she like to keep over there :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle