Tacoma Head Rest Broken (Headrest)

Cackalak Han

Explorer
The foam inside of the headrest in my Tacoma is busted (passenger side) and all you can feel is the plastic frame that it was once attached to. Anyone else have this problem? I looked into one at the dealership, but they want $$$$. I'm wondering how to go about replacing this foam?

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Both of mine are broken. The foam padding around the "bar" is screwed up, so you can actually feel/see the steel bar instead of the foam. I have a 98 Ex cab, not sure if they are different.

~James

Cackalak Han

Explorer
Thanks, guys. Yeah, I tried to call up some junk yards, but none had the headrests available, and most said that they'd only sell the whole seat as one unit.

Kermit - Perhaps, that is a good idea. My 4Runner seats were a bit more comfortable. Do you know if the harness for the seat belt is the same?

CYi5

Explorer
my '01 is like that, but they don't get much abuse so I think they'll last a few more years.

tclong

the 02 double cab i had, had three of the four like that. i just screwed with them enough to get the foam back around the frames. in my wifes 4runner the headrests feel like they where just made better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears