Tacoma Rear Bumpers?

GaryMc

Explorer
Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a conventional, but more beefy than stock, rear bumper for the 96-2004 Taco's?
Demello makes a decent looking one but I'd like a solid deck on top for a secure step.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
I think what you are asking for as far as conventional is a stock style bumper that is made stronger for offraod use. If so here it is from Front Range Offroad Fab. They have been supporters of the toyota offroad community for awhile and I have heard nothing but good things.

Front Range Offroad Tacoma bumper

pray4surf

Explorer
Company name = BentUp
URL = http://www.bentup.com/

Now, I picked this up 'used' so it already had the linex coating/finish and came with the aux lights
DSC00612.jpg

I would like to add some side quarter panel protection and tuck it further into/under the bed. Plus it'll need a little beefing up for towing a trailer - receiver is behind the license plate.

flyingwil said:
Steve at CBI Offroad can build you up what ever you imagine... Also priced very reasonable.

Yes he can and for what you get...yes they are.

A little update on Steve's craftsman ship. I have been in over drive for the past few days unpacking and looking for jobs. I was parked on our hill during unpacking. i forgot to put the screw back into the swing gate. I started down the hill and before I noticed the swing out tire gate swinging out I was doing about 35mph down the hill and then I cringed as the tire and swing out portion smashed into a no parking sign and then a telephone pole at 35mph. The sign was bent over and the telephone splintered a bit with a nice big indentation in it.

How was the swing out... Perfect condition! I would hate to rear end me.

Steve is also a great guy to deal with.

bigwapitijohnny

Adventurer
Go with Armorology...

I would have to recommend Armorology: sorry about the size of the pics...

000_3737.jpg

000_3747.jpg

I saw this bumper first hand when I dropped my rig off. This thing was a beauty...Go check out the goods at www.Armorology.com

Regards,

BWJ

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Streakerfreak said:
Yes he can and for what you get...yes they are.

A little update on Steve's craftsman ship. I have been in over drive for the past few days unpacking and looking for jobs. I was parked on our hill during unpacking. i forgot to put the screw back into the swing gate. I started down the hill and before I noticed the swing out tire gate swinging out I was doing about 35mph down the hill and then I cringed as the tire and swing out portion smashed into a no parking sign and then a telephone pole at 35mph. The sign was bent over and the telephone splintered a bit with a nice big indentation in it.

How was the swing out... Perfect condition! I would hate to rear end me.

Steve is also a great guy to deal with.

Mine has held up to a rear-end collision on the freeway (in rush hour). Walked out of it with only scratches!

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
flyingwil said:
Mine has held up to a rear-end collision on the freeway (in rush hour). Walked out of it with only scratches!

Gotta love satrong rear bumoers. This was mine about 2 weeks after I installed it. lady hit me had a suspended license, no insurance and car was out of registration for 3 years. Judge let her off the hook when she contested it all! For tunetly my bumner saved me and I only had to replace the tail light lens. Note the chunks of debree stuck in the truck bed liner I applied tot he bumper LOL!

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

heeltoe989

Explorer
bigwapitijohnny said:
I would have to recommend Armorology: sorry about the size of the pics...

000_3737.jpg

000_3747.jpg

I saw this bumper first hand when I dropped my rig off. This thing was a beauty...Go check out the goods at www.Armorology.com

Regards,

BWJ

I second Armorology, Its where I will be getting my bumper done and a nice little trip too.

Willman

Or you can buy everything you need and build it!....lol

DSC02186.jpg

:smilies27 - It was sure fun to build if you have time and money!

I ditto Steve w/ CIB if i had to buy one!

:REOutArchery02:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman