Tacoma UTE + Four Wheel Camper video

CLynn85

Explorer
Love the video, love the rig, kind of hate the fact that they apparently just picked up the phone and ordered a turn-key truck from AT rather than assembling it themselves, but that's just me.

Thanks for the kind words guys. It's my truck and my home. I've been living on the road for 2 and a half years. before the taco i had a vw syncro. My syncro kept breaking down and eventually I sold it about bought a taco. i lived in it for 4 months with just an ARE shell while the four wheel was getting made. living on the road, i didn't have the time to build it out myself so i dropped it off at AT let it there for 2 weeks.

foster

CLynn85

Explorer
Foster, Thanks for chiming in. Meant no disrespect by my comment and I'm a huge fan of your design work and photography. I have no doubt that AT delivered a very nice product that'll last you for a long time to come. From my experience a Tacoma with a FWC is a very hard setup to beat, especially in the reliability department...

Thanks Man. no worries. Just wanted to explain myself a little bit. I love my set up and am a huge believe in the simplicity of the Four Wheel Camper.
foster

kaser

Foster, Do you feel the taco is a platform with enough power and size to handle the UTE camper? I'm sure it fully loaded can be really noticeable. Love the set up!

I think people freak out about needing more power. I grew up driving beaters and my VW Syncro had a 115 hp engine in it. I can certainly feel the difference in hills but it still does 80 if i want it to (never tried for more). as for weight, i have some air bags that i run and just enough psi that they dont crease and some custom deaver springs. at first i just had the ome heavy lift and was running the bags at like 60-85 psi. I was in socal and stopped by the deaver shop and had them put on some new springs in an afternoon. I have the 6 speed manual and might regear down the road. I wanted the smallest set up i could get and am happy with the taco. Its unfortunet that you cant get a small/mid size 4x4 with a 1 ton set up in the states but the taco with some tweeks handles it fine.

foster

TacoFWC

Observer
Man, such an awesome rig, and I have the upmost admiration for your decision to pull chocks and go full Nomad. Myself, being married and a father, its slightly out of the question to pull off what you are doing, but I would love to find a way to hit the road some day. I'm sure there are a lot of ups and downs, but would you rather have it any way at this point in your life? What is day in the life of Foster Huntington?

TAcoFWC,
i've been following your build. looks great.
I've been traveling fulltime for the last two and half years. its been the best time of my life. with out a doubt. Theres been some tough stretches. I almost running out of cash a few times and then constant breakdowns with my VW Syncro. I'm loving the taco though. Im currently on my way to baja. I'll take a few weeks and surf in california on my way down.

foster

foster

Keyne

Adventurer
Foster,

Quick question. Is the flatbed price included with the FWC Fleet flatbed base price ($20K)? A regular fleet base price is 13K so I was wondering if they include the bed in the baseprice.

Darwin

Explorer
take some pictures of your baja trip, I really enjoy following your travels and pictures on facebook and instagram.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12