TACTIK front bumper for JK/U

BCobe

Adventurer
I agree with kojack. The side "wings" look better to. Also, when looking at bumpers I like to compare the overall weight of the bumper. Something to consider.

Last edited:

JKU87

Adventurer
Yes, weight is something I need to consider. I like the bumpers that can hide a winch from the elements so that is why I was leaning towards an ARB.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
I like the looks of it, and the rear bumper in the stubby configuration. Looks like nice fat bow-ring attachments too.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
The taktik are lighter than most other bumpers actually. That's another reason I like them so much as well.

Stoked

Observer
I was just looking at these today. I spotted a stubby factory 10A bumper with hidden winch on a Jeep I liked, but couldn't stomach the price. The Tactik looks close enough to the original to pass, and costs half as much. Looks like the rear can be made into a stubby as well. I think I'll be adding these to my short list. I like the idea of keeping things somewhat factory looking. I don't like to stand out.

Last edited:

HRPINDC

Adventurer
None of the information listed shows metal thickness or weight. Does anyone have more complete specs?

Maxcustody

Explorer
Looks like my old one.............mopar

31de0eac-a963-4f06-88fb-1b534fac8980_zps5795fbaf.jpg

WrenchMonkey

Mechanical Animal
I like the bumpers that can hide a winch from the elements so that is why I was leaning towards an ARB.

That sounds good, but in practice a hidden winch makes it very hard to spool the cable neatly. Kinked cable from birdnesting is a lot more dangerous than rain on your winch. (Which will, of course, still get wet and salty inside the bumper...)

BCobe

Adventurer
The base bumper doesn't look like it comes with the winch mount. I say this because they sell it separately, might be something else to ask to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998