Take that, Gloria! (1991 G30 Conversion Van)

Eazy

Quality, always good to have another GFOP on here....
i blame my van problem on my grandpa having a '88 beauville diesel that your van reminds me of....same interior door bag things and all

Courage!

I don't really know what got me into vans. I've had a strange attraction to them as long as I can remember. When I owned my first VW bus that really put the nail in the coffin though. Everything I've bought since has been a van.

Eazy

Just ordered a Trasharoo, a Luminoodle, and a Hobo Hammock. Should be here in time for our rather short notice camping trip with some friends this weekend.

Thanks, Amazon Prime!

Eazy

Good weekend camping. Didn't get to use the Hobo Hammock, but the Trasharoo and the Luminoodle were definitely solid investments.

Swkue4X.jpg

The Trasharoo is a little big on my spare tire, but I was able to get it cinched down good and tight after some messing with the straps.

sL9ZIn6.jpg

why3zx

Observer
Nice van! camping in caribou national forest we can't be located too far away, ill keep an eye out for the "no cndy" van.

Eazy

What was your impression of the luminoodle. I have been eyeballing those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like it. The back half of my van has no lights so we left it in the bag and hung it from one of the grab handles while we got ready for bed. We also used it to finish a game of mölkky when the sun got too low. My only criticism is the battery pack you can buy it with has it's own lights on it, which are a different "color" of light and are brighter than the Luminoodle's light. It does make it easier to find the battery pack when it's in the bag, but it does look a little funky.

Nice van! camping in caribou national forest we can't be located too far away, ill keep an eye out for the "no cndy" van.

I'm headed up that way tomorrow. Hoping to camp somewhere around Mesa Falls.

Eazy

Ended up at the Grandview Campground by the Lower Mesa Falls for Saturday night. We were treated to a nice lightning storm in the middle of the night and headed home in the rain.

nQYqxin.jpg

My daughter tested out the hammock, I guess it passed the test.

yMxmVFh.jpg

Eazy

A roll of Reflectix came in the mail last night. After a couple hours of walking around and catching invisible monsters (pokemon), I was able to knock out the two rear windows.

D1tTmXE.jpg

Tonight, I'll try to work on the high top windows and sunroof. Goal is to have all of the non tinted or non curtained windows done by next weekend.

Eazy

Went out to take some interior pictures. Ended up finding the switch to make the bed fold out. Decided to try and fix that first and found out that the whole electrical system currently has 24v going through everything, which means that the house battery is hooked to the starter batter in series.

So I have a campout this weekend with some of my old VW mates and when I get home from that I'm going to come home and tear into the electrical system. Try to get it back where it needs to be so I can troubleshoot things like the bed not working without burning anything up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger