Tales of the Grey Mouser...

dukegnarley

Observer
stupid question about the bed platform: With a soft top on, how do you get in and out and keep it sealed? I don't have the jeep with me but i think the zipper pulls are only on the outside right? With the seats flipped forward you can't get to the door handles so??

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
stupid question about the bed platform: With a soft top on, how do you get in and out and keep it sealed? I don't have the jeep with me but i think the zipper pulls are only on the outside right? With the seats flipped forward you can't get to the door handles so??

I've never used it with the soft top on...but on the other hand I've never had a problem reaching the door handles with the seats tilted forward either.

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
'97 to '06 are the TJ years. LJ is the common moniker for the TJ Unlimited built between '04 and '06 though i think they were designated TJL by Mother Mopar.

Jim K in PA

Adventurer
'97 to '06 are the TJ years. LJ is the common moniker for the TJ Unlimited built between '04 and '06 though i think they were designated TJL by Mother Mopar.

The TJ is the short (standard?) wheelbase Wrangler (1997-2006).

The LJ is the long (104") wheelbase Wrangler.

My 2005 Unlimited Rubicon has the LJ designation stamped on several body component tags. The front grill radiator support on mine is actually stamped TJ/LJ (as it fits both wheelbase version of course).

The LJ was available from 2004-2006

The LJ Rubicon was available late 2005-2006.

Only a little over 12k LJ Rubicons were made across both years.

That's my story and Ima stickin tooooit. ;)

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
As of a few days ago this tale came to and end. I sold the Mouser to a gent from Ohio and its no longer a part of the Clanhold. Last year I put less than a 1000 miles on the odometer and it was more often than not just collecting dust in the garage. It made little sense to keep paying insurance and registration for a vehicle that was serving no real function. Also with the funds generated from the sale my daughter's college expenses are completely covered for her remaining three years of college. Being debt free is better than having a play Jeep to me.

I'll miss that Heep and I hope the new owner treats him right.

Jim K in PA

Adventurer
As of a few days ago this tale came to and end. I sold the Mouser to a gent from Ohio and its no longer a part of the Clanhold. Last year I put less than a 1000 miles on the odometer and it was more often than not just collecting dust in the garage. It made little sense to keep paying insurance and registration for a vehicle that was serving no real function. Also with the funds generated from the sale my daughter's college expenses are completely covered for her remaining three years of college. Being debt free is better than having a play Jeep to me.

I'll miss that Heep and I hope the new owner treats him right.

Hey Mark - sorry to hear this, but the justification is perfectly logical. The only constant in life is change.

I guess you are using the Toyota primarily?

I still have my LJ-R. It is sitting mostly too, but I have no intentions of selling it at the moment. I finally have gathered all the tools to get rolling on the custom work I want to do to it. It probably will not get used much until both my boys are out of college, but I can wait.

Happy Trails.

Jim

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
I guess you are using the Toyota primarily?

Yeah the Tundra gets the call mostly for travel though we bought this awhile back for my wife's daily ride and to fulfill the Mouser's role in the Clanhold....

attachment.php

It's got the selectable rear locker and ATRAC, about the same clearance stock as the Mouse had with its lift, twice the gas mileage, twice the range, twice the comfort but half the charm. I'll miss the Jeep but will not miss making payments for student loans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998