Tasmania The Apple Isle

KLRTim

Observer
Hi

My Partner, Her Daughter Jess and I, with our 2 Dogs, Her`s Doti and mine Sophie the Maltese cross have just returned from a week on the East Coast of Tasmania 3 hours from where we both live.
We camped by the Sea at Swimcart Beach. This is located at The Bay Of Fires. Just a short 10 minute :smiley_drive: drive outside St Helens, a quaint Seaside Fishing Village 3 or so hours from Hobart the Capitol of Tasmania.

Weather was 20 to 27 Degrees every day so swimming was Great.

Speaking of Great we were informed a day or so after swimming that a 3.5 Meter Great White Shark was sighted just a few miles away in another Bay:-(
We unfortunately lost a local Scuba DIver Just Last year further down the coast to one of these Beasts:-(

Anyway I was not put off my swim as I am also a Scuba Diver and appreciate that I am in their ocean after all and it is more likely I will die from a bee sting or lightning.
That said we explored up the coast to another Small Village called Ansons bay and onto Eddistone Point Light house. It was at a small secluded Beach above Ansons Bay where I photographed the Blue Bottle Jelly Fish in the attached pic below. Very Nasty sting with a tail well over a meter long. Avoided a swim here :).

On the return trip to camp be popped into a local called Free campsites called Policemans Point, Another Beachside camping spot. Free :) for a look and to give our Dogies a walk and a drink.
Scenic does not do the east coast justice it is remarkable.

Beautiful views and marvelous dirt roads ensured we had a great time. Dora AKA our Range Rover performed impeccably well BTW. ( Secret ) Maintainance.

Such a Majestic Island we are so fortunate to live and explore on :)

Needless too say Not one of us wanted the week to end but Commitments called and home we went.

Cheers. Tim AKA Gadgets :):smiley_drive:

Attachments

• DSCF3893.jpg
    DSCF3893.jpg
    472.7 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF3878.jpg
    DSCF3878.jpg
    516 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF3806.jpg
    DSCF3806.jpg
    449.6 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF3840.jpg
    DSCF3840.jpg
    527.3 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF3835.jpg
    DSCF3835.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF3815.jpg
    DSCF3815.jpg
    529.3 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF3798.jpg
    DSCF3798.jpg
    531.5 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF3803.jpg
    DSCF3803.jpg
    516.9 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF3808.jpg
    DSCF3808.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF3820.jpg
    DSCF3820.jpg
    569.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

KLRTim

Observer
Gorgeous scenery and nice rover!

Thank you Very Much The East Coast of Tasmania is Amazing as is the West Coast. Very lucky too call this little island Home Hey :)

PS Love my 82 Range Rover :)

Just Baught My Gfriend a 1993 Discovery one Land Rover cos she is not getting my Rangie LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears