TC Teardrops

Colin Hughes

Explorer
Yes, we put down our deposit on one a month or so back. Met with Todd and Carol up at Copper Harbour in MI in July, had a great conversation and had a chance to look over their personal Offroad model. They are great about answering any and all questions. We are going with a 5x9, tongue box, solar, A/C in galley, landing feet for Thule roof rack, spare mounted to passenger side, Rotopak on drivers side, etc, with the ground clearance pkg plus a 3500lb axle with trailer brakes. We are using 16" Land Rover Discovery wheels. The price is very good for what you get but being from Canada, the exchange rate is a killer right now. I'll likely add a couple of ARB awnings (one on each side). The one in the attached photo is pretty much like what we have spec'd. Looking forward to getting in in the spring.tc silver2.jpg

SandCuda

I'm selling mine. Sold my jeep. Have a new Tacoma. Purchasing truck camper. See post #23. Loved the TC Teardrop. Has traveled over 12,000 miles. It's a strong little trailer.

TJRICE3333

image.jpg

Lots of interesting assumptions being made in this thread. I picked my 5x9 from Todd and Carol this summer and love it. Already towed it over 3,000 miles in the first couple moths with it and it has met all expectations. The buy/build process was very cool, the trailer was built exactly how I wanted. I expect to be pulling this trailer all around the country for a very long time!

shack

Adventurer
I am honestly surprised how big the interior feels. I couldn't get in theirs at expo because of the mud. Very happy!

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
Great folks to deal with, patient with any and all questions, can't wait to pick ours up in May.

So agree with you there
They have been super easy to deal with, don't mind making customizations to the trailer that you want (i had inquired about modifying the rear galley for a water tank) and are just all around nice people.

Pretty stoked for mine

fike

Adventurer
Trying to resurrect this thread.

Been considering a teardrop. Moby 1s are cool, but a bit pricey. Little Guy Rough Rider also look like a decent package, but seem a bit expensive for what they are.

The TCs look affordable, durable, and simple...customizable...and no pesky internal plumbing to worry about.

I really see a teardrop as a way to setup a basecamp off the beaten path of rutted fire roads, so I really don't need an "offroad" version, but some extra clearance and solid construction would be ideal. They sell a "Ground Clearance Package" that seems like a decent idea instead of the super-duty "extreme offroad package."

Is it durable enough to walk on the roof or stand on the fenders?

Sikocycles

Adventurer
I have seen one and its a very nice setup. Probably cant walk on the fenders. Not sure on the roof. I am on the list for one in the spring. I will send my deposit in November time frame

Colin Hughes

Explorer
Our first real trip with ours is in less than a week and a half. I really like the trailer, the owners are great to work with. I haven't got everything done I want to do yet but it will be a work in progress.The fenders are glued and screwed but I don't think I'd stand on them. I rested my foot on them last week-end while putting the spare tire in the Yakima basket but I think that's as far as I'd go. We did a hybrid of the ground clearance/offroad pkg with a 3500 lb axle and trailer brakes.13087553_10156880863790302_8532778145422506013_n.jpg20160608_141149.jpg

fike

Adventurer
Our first real trip with ours is in less than a week and a half. I really like the trailer, the owners are great to work with. I haven't got everything done I want to do yet but it will be a work in progress.The fenders are glued and screwed but I don't think I'd stand on them. I rested my foot on them last week-end while putting the spare tire in the Yakima basket but I think that's as far as I'd go. We did a hybrid of the ground clearance/offroad pkg with a 3500 lb axle and trailer brakes.View attachment 352679View attachment 352680

can you be more specific about what you mean by hybrid of ground clearance and offroad package?

Colin Hughes

Explorer
The frame is pretty much standard for the ground clearance package, not more heavy duty with a triangular reinforced tongue like the offroad model. We went with a 3500 lb axle and brakes as well as spacers and 16" Land Rover wheels. We added a rear class III trailer hitch receiver at the rear an one on each side at the rear as well. It's got about 19" of ground clearance which is plenty for what we plan to do. The ground clearance pkg doesn't increase the clearance as much. Give Todd or Carol a call at TC. They're easy to work with and can answer all your questions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman