Tech question on 1993 chevy Suburban

93burban

Observer
Hey guys, I hope you folk are enjoring this evening. My question is this, I was driving my Surban last week and all of a sudden I lost all power to the AC/Heat control. It was working fine then lost all power. I have checked all fuses and they are fine. Anyone have any insight into this?

Thank you for taking the time to help

John
1993 Chevy Suburban
1996 F350 Powerstroke
2003 1200 BMW LT E

FellowTraveler

Explorer
Hey guys, I hope you folk are enjoring this evening. My question is this, I was driving my Surban last week and all of a sudden I lost all power to the AC/Heat control. It was working fine then lost all power. I have checked all fuses and they are fine. Anyone have any insight into this?

Thank you for taking the time to help

John
1993 Chevy Suburban
1996 F350 Powerstroke
2003 1200 BMW LT E

Gm had some issues with that harness always related to a worn blower motor (high resistance) resulted "at worst a melted harness very common" at least would be the blower speed switch. Then there could be a failed blower resistor pack too.
Been there done that and no the fuses never failed!

93burban

Observer
Thank you for the reply. I spent some more time looking and feeling the wires up under the dash. It turns out the A/C control head where you change the temp, blower speed etc... is out. Power right up to it. Now comes the fun in finding a used one due to a new one being $317.00.

Thanks again..

FellowTraveler

Explorer
Thank you for the reply. I spent some more time looking and feeling the wires up under the dash. It turns out the A/C control head where you change the temp, blower speed etc... is out. Power right up to it. Now comes the fun in finding a used one due to a new one being $317.00.

Thanks again..

Ebay, ecreate or the bone yard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12