tent on trailer

JPNCA

Adventurer
I was kicking aroung the idea of getting a RTT for my 416. I like all the ways you guys mounted them. My question is what do you think the best height is? Too high and I'm top heavy and too low and I make it hard to get stuff in and out.
Any help would be great.

kai38

Explorer
Mines mounted on Yakima cross bars about 1 1/2 inches above the edge.
I like it mounted lower even with the spring over it sits high above the ground.
I also have a tailgate cut so that makes it easier to remove camping gear from underneath. I place my water & fuel cans at the front the way they load they cant be removed with out pulling more gear from the rear so someone cant pull things out of the trailer with it mounted higher things can be removed easier but things can be stolen easier too. A lid would take care of that problem too.

TacoDell

Adventurer
would depend on how hard yer gonna wheel it...

But I'd personally mount 'er as low as you can... especially if yer running stock width axle and wheels...

a wider track/wheel width... could compensate a little...
if you had that ?

my :2cents:

LilKJ

Adventurer
Mine's really high up there.... and I've wheeled it all over with no tipping issues. It's attached to the hinged lid with some strong struts so I can open the trailer when the tent is deployed with no issues. The top of the tent is almost at roof level on the KJ.

IMG_0132editresize.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears