Tent Trailer craigslist find (Indianapolis Area) $400

4xdog

Explorer
That looks to be an Apache Eagle. Our family had a '69 that we camped all over the US in for many years. Lightweight and efficient. My Dad sold ours in the mid 80's for about the approx $600 we paid for it in 1970, and I still miss it. This would be a great platform to upgrade. It has a puny axle and a plywood base, but the body is folded aluminum with good aluminum clamshell cover that turns into off-the-ground storage bins under the pull out beds (the photo on CL shows this). If it has the zip in plastic storm windows for the canvas top it's a plus.

The seller notes one leg is bent. Same thing on ours, and almost every other one from that period. A crappy design based on lightweight stamped steel.

If I had the space or the time...

Last edited:

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I would be all over it if there wasn't a 1500 mile drive one way to get it, the gas would cost double the price of the camper.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
That looks to be an Apache Eagle. Our family had a '69 that we camped all over the US in for many years. Lightweight and efficient. My Dad sold ours in the mid 80's for about the approx $600 we paid for it in 1970, and I still miss it. This would be a great platform to upgrade. It has a puny axle and a plywood base, but the body is folded aluminum with good aluminum clamshell cover that turns into off-the-ground storage bins under the pull out beds (the photo on CL shows this). If it has the zip in plastic storm windows for the canvas top it's a plus.

The seller notes one leg is bent. Same thing on ours, and almost every other one from that period. A crappy design based on lightweight stamped steel.

If I had the space or the time...
I sold our '67 when I inherited it years ago (for $500 as I recall). Still kick myself for doing that. Pristine canvas, plastic windows and huge zip-on awning. No bent legs, either. Dumb things we do as kids I guess, but we didn't have anywhere to put it. I should of put it in storage or something. I bought a pretty nice bike frame (1998 Rhygin Juke SS) that I still have, but really wish I could get back that Apache. I'd trade the frame back in a second for the camper.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I sold our '67 when I inherited it years ago (for $500 as I recall). Still kick myself for doing that. Pristine canvas, plastic windows and huge zip-on awning. No bent legs, either. Dumb things we do as kids I guess, but we didn't have anywhere to put it. I should of put it in storage or something. I bought a pretty nice bike frame (1998 Rhygin Juke SS) that I still have, but really wish I could get back that Apache. I'd trade the frame back in a second for the camper.

Yes, you should have kept it.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Yes, you should have kept it.
LOL! It's easy to know that now, but wasn't so self evident to poor-just-engaged-just-back-in-college 27 year old. I'm in the same boat as you, is it worth $250 in gas... More and bigger photos would be convincing, so I'm consciously not emailing the guy. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78