Tepui drops the....mic! - Unveils the much anticipated hardshell RTT!

Hello All,
With much anticipation and demand. Tepui finally unveiled their plans for a Hardshell RTT coming this fall!
it appears to be a fiberglass hard shell, that when expanded, sits at an angle. Thus resulting in an increased headroom, and limited pace at the foot of the mattress. Also, it appears to be one of the shortest shells on the market when closed.
I made some ghetto estimations of size, but it appears to be 1.5ft to 2ft in the front, and 3-4ft in the rear. (This assumes Lightbar Height is 3")

Depending on price, Tepui could corner the market for entry level hardshell product!

As a huge supporter of Tepui, (not to mention a Bay Area Local) I am looking forward to selling my current soft shell Tepui once additional specs are released!

Please post thoughts, feedback, and specs!
-Adam Klick
#TheAdventureIndex

xsWDG0P.jpg

QQtmYp7.jpg

Box Rocket

A couple things I'm most excited about is the ultra low profile, 8" tall when closed. Secondly, the roof-integrated rack bars that appear to make it simple to use it as is and load lightweight bags etc, or the ability to easily attach a rack basket or any number of rack accessories. The first one that comes to mind Kayak racks. I can't tell you how many times I get asked questions from people wanting to know how they can carry their kayaks on top of their roof tent.
I have been aware of the development of this for a while but still have not actually seen a final version in person, so I'm excited to see more and hopefully do some field-testing soon. I agree, this will fit nicely into a void in the hard-shell market.
Don't be surprised to see more cool innovation from Tepui in the not-distant future. ;)

screwball48

Explorer
At first glance I thought this tent had roof windows. Then I looked closer and realized they were load bars. It did make me wonder how cool a "sky" model hard tent would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't be surprised to see more cool innovation from Tepui in the not-distant future. ;)

What are you eluding to here?.... haha come on Adam, always teasing us!

image128.jpeg

image129.jpeg

image130.jpeg

Oh man this thing looks awesome. Good thing I'm 30minutes from Soquel :D

Also yes- kayak and bike has always been on my list. Hoping Tepui can maybe add some more windows or features to this tent. Preview looks nice, but simple. James Baroud etc. have things like double walled entry, 360degree windows, and also solar light system+ventilation built in.

But at 8", I am impressed!

Box Rocket

Yeah I don't think this new tent is meant to compete head-to-head with the some of the other hard shells out there. Apples to oranges to a degree. But as I said before, could be more stuff down the road. ;)

Yeah I don't think this new tent is meant to compete head-to-head with the some of the other hard shells out there. Apples to oranges to a degree. But as I said before, could be more stuff down the road. ;)

Indeed, either way I am very biased to the Tepui brand, and the ability to add kayak+bikes, and still have the convenience of a hard shell would be great.

Thanks for the updates. looking forward to more!
-Adam

Chris Boyd

Explorer
Looks to be able to integrate solar pretty easily using the rails too, which is a complaint I've had of many of the hardshells, including my Airtop. Nice work, nice innovation and not more "me too" copying.

The_Dude

Adventurer
Any guesses as to what the price would be?

I used to have that same 1999 Trek 7000 mtn bike. Green and Yellow!

Box Rocket

Looks to be able to integrate solar pretty easily using the rails too, which is a complaint I've had of many of the hardshells, including my Airtop. Nice work, nice innovation and not more "me too" copying.
The ability to incorporate solar is a great observation and idea. Thanks for sharing that.
In terms of innovation and resisting the trend to just copy what's out there, that has been a focus of Tepui from the beginning. The Ruggedized tents are one example of innovation and improving design and materials. Nobody else had done that in the segment. This new hardshell is another fine example of exploring outside the box. I wish I could say more about the ideas etc that are floating around within Tepui, but there is most definitely a lot of creative, outside the box innovation going on. Stuff as a consumer that gets me excited.

Box Rocket

Any guesses as to what the price would be?

I used to have that same 1999 Trek 7000 mtn bike. Green and Yellow!

I hope to get more details on this new tent this week once the team gets back into the office and the dust settles from the Expo. I have a call with them tomorrow and I'll see what new info I'm able to get and share. With a early Fall release for this tent, I think it's possible that it will still be getting some refinement in the next few months and final pricing may not be available until we get closer to release.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12