**Tepui RTTs and Accessories**

4loco

Great first run

Just spent the weekend in my haze grey Autana Ruggedized. Temps were in the 40's at night and we were fine with sheets and blankets. The pad is quite thin but surprisingly comfortable for its size. My wife didn't complain so that's all that matters.

BIG thank you to BoxRocket for helping me purchase this tent and answering my endless questions! You guys are in good hands, make the leap, it's totally worth it!

image.jpg
image.jpg

Box Rocket

Just a heads up, I will be on the road with very limited (if any) access to internet or cell phone coverage next week June 6-10. I will do my best to answer questions or handle orders as my internet access allows during that time but please be patient with me while I'm away. If you need immediate assistance, please call the Tepui shop at the number listed at tepuitents.com and one of the guys there will help you.
I'm still around the next few days so let me know if there is anything you need from me.
Thanks everyone that has placed orders this spring! It's been crazy!! in a good way and we've sold out of a lot of tents and are working hard to get those back in stock. Most are available again already but for any of you still waiting for orders, thanks for your patience! Tepui has the best customers around.

WillBeck

Adventurer
A few items that i have noticed now after using my Kukenam Ruggedized a number of weekends.

PROS:
- Excellent even in warm weather. The thick walls, peak vents, and the air gap between the rainfly and tent body work well to keep the interior relatively cool. At least that of ambient temps in the shade. None of that greenhouse effect most ground tents have.
- i sleep like a log, and leave my bedding in it.
- If you think your driving style is rough, i guarantee mine is rougher. The tent has not had a single issue from some pretty severe off road abuse. If you're curious, Tepui shared a video of mine on their FB page. Should be easy to tell which one i'm referring to.
- Killer quality, and Adam answers every question you throw at him pretty quickly.
- Anti Condensation mat in the Ruggedized models is worth its weight in gold.

CONS:
- The clear tips on the tension rods come off easily. Not a big issue, but i liked having them, and if you lose track of it when it drops, its gone forever.
- One of my buckles broke. I probably tighten them down more than really needed, but i like having things secure. However, a text to Adam had a new buckle en route almost immediately. (That customer service just keeps on going)

A couple suggestions i have now that its been used a few times...

Find a way to make the internal bungees work in the long run. Having left them out on the first handful of trips, i decided to give them a try, and holy moly, it is really nice to not have to spend so much time stuffing the canvas back into the folds in order to get the cover on. I like them, and will probably use them until the seams start to open (which is why i understand Tepui does not suggest using them)

The ladder. I cannot fin a consistent way to get the half-click adjustments. I think i need a step by step video on how to do this.

The cover straps. My velcro is already starting to show signs of wear. Again, i strap things down a little tighter than usually needed, but i have noticed if i don't really sinch them down, the cover balloons a little at speed. My suggestion would be to double up the rings, and let that take the strain, retaining the velcro simply to hold the strap end down instead of relying on the velcro for holding power. Square rings vs D would be nice too. Example below;

Double-ring-buckle-canvas-belt-male-cloth-strap-Men-belt-jeans-cloth.jpg

Box Rocket

A few items that i have noticed now after using my Kukenam Ruggedized a number of weekends.

PROS:
- Excellent even in warm weather. The thick walls, peak vents, and the air gap between the rainfly and tent body work well to keep the interior relatively cool. At least that of ambient temps in the shade. None of that greenhouse effect most ground tents have.
- i sleep like a log, and leave my bedding in it.
- If you think your driving style is rough, i guarantee mine is rougher. The tent has not had a single issue from some pretty severe off road abuse. If you're curious, Tepui shared a video of mine on their FB page. Should be easy to tell which one i'm referring to.
- Killer quality, and Adam answers every question you throw at him pretty quickly.
- Anti Condensation mat in the Ruggedized models is worth its weight in gold.

CONS:
- The clear tips on the tension rods come off easily. Not a big issue, but i liked having them, and if you lose track of it when it drops, its gone forever.
- One of my buckles broke. I probably tighten them down more than really needed, but i like having things secure. However, a text to Adam had a new buckle en route almost immediately. (That customer service just keeps on going)

A couple suggestions i have now that its been used a few times...

Find a way to make the internal bungees work in the long run. Having left them out on the first handful of trips, i decided to give them a try, and holy moly, it is really nice to not have to spend so much time stuffing the canvas back into the folds in order to get the cover on. I like them, and will probably use them until the seams start to open (which is why i understand Tepui does not suggest using them)

The ladder. I cannot fin a consistent way to get the half-click adjustments. I think i need a step by step video on how to do this.

The cover straps. My velcro is already starting to show signs of wear. Again, i strap things down a little tighter than usually needed, but i have noticed if i don't really sinch them down, the cover balloons a little at speed. My suggestion would be to double up the rings, and let that take the strain, retaining the velcro simply to hold the strap end down instead of relying on the velcro for holding power. Square rings vs D would be nice too. Example below;

Double-ring-buckle-canvas-belt-male-cloth-strap-Men-belt-jeans-cloth.jpg
Good suggestions! Really appreciate the feedback, good or bad! Thanks Will!

Josh013

Hi I'm new to the forum and I'm interested in one of the kukenam tents and was wondering what kind of warranty they had and also what the lead time for shipping might be? I'm currently building a offroad trailer to put the tent on but have nowhere to put it until the trailer is done.

Kerensky97

Xterra101
As far as shipping goes it was insanely fast. I bit the bullet and ordered mine from Adam the day before yesterday, it was delivered this morning. So long as they don't sell out and go on backorder for a month the shipping time is short.

Box Rocket

Hi I'm new to the forum and I'm interested in one of the kukenam tents and was wondering what kind of warranty they had and also what the lead time for shipping might be? I'm currently building a offroad trailer to put the tent on but have nowhere to put it until the trailer is done.

The tents have a two year warranty.
For tents that are in stock, delivery time is usually a week or less. We have a few models still back ordered but should be able to get you what you need. Your welcome to call my cell and we can chat about your time frame and figure out the best way to get you a tent when you need it.
My number is 801-710-8110

WillBeck

Adventurer
When will the sheets be back in stock? Didn't realize the mattress was so much longer than a normal one... Haha

TheFutur

Adventurer
I have a quick question, this is mainly aimed at Box Rocket but if anyone else can answer it please do.

I originally mounted my Kukenam to open over the rear of my SUV when I first got it so I had to cut down the piece of extrusion that mounts to the rack. It's currently on my trailer so I have the same configuration, opening over the rear, however, I'm wanting to put it on my truck cap for a trip next month so I can take it while towing a 14' boat. I also want it to open sideways off the truck if possible.

My question is:

Am I able to use the shortened extrusion mount the other way (the longer way) even though I've cut it down? Would it damage the tent in any way? Hoping I can have it off the side of the truck for this trip but if I can't use the shortened aluminum extrusion the longer way (56") then I'll have to settle for it opening over the tailgate.

Thanks!

WillBeck

Adventurer
it shouldn't be a problem as long as it spans the distance between your crossbars.

How much did you cut off?

TheFutur

Adventurer
Yeah it will span the distance

I cut it down from the original length of 56" down to 48" so it would be 4" short on either end if centered.

Box Rocket

Sorry for my absence, I've been camping/fishing in the Minnesota Boundary Waters this week with no access to phone or Internet. 😊
TheFuture, yes your shortened rails will work fine.
Will, I'll check in Monday where they are with the sheets but I'd expect sometime before the end of June.

DanSharp

I have a 2010 toyota tacoma and have been working with frontrunneroutfitters to get all the correct pieces for the slimline rack for my bed. Hopefully on Monday, I will get the final pieces sent to me and I can get this thing assembled into the bed of my truck. Now on to the important question. I want to get the Gran Sabana for the bed rack. Any issues here? Have a series of trips in July to Yellowstone and want to ensure everything is in place and ready to roll. Sorry I didnt read through all 81 pages to start but will start midway through and see tips and tricks but any advice is appreciated. Spent today in Payson collecting geodes and came across two side by side trucks one with a Tepui and one with a 23 zero RTT and both looked pretty nice but no one was around at the time to talk to. After reading massive amounts of reviews across multiple sites I am sold on the Tepui. I finally stumbled across this forum and am pretty excited to see all the ins and outs here.

Thank you for any advice,

Dan Sharp

Box Rocket

I have a 2010 toyota tacoma and have been working with frontrunneroutfitters to get all the correct pieces for the slimline rack for my bed. Hopefully on Monday, I will get the final pieces sent to me and I can get this thing assembled into the bed of my truck. Now on to the important question. I want to get the Gran Sabana for the bed rack. Any issues here? Have a series of trips in July to Yellowstone and want to ensure everything is in place and ready to roll. Sorry I didnt read through all 81 pages to start but will start midway through and see tips and tricks but any advice is appreciated. Spent today in Payson collecting geodes and came across two side by side trucks one with a Tepui and one with a 23 zero RTT and both looked pretty nice but no one was around at the time to talk to. After reading massive amounts of reviews across multiple sites I am sold on the Tepui. I finally stumbled across this forum and am pretty excited to see all the ins and outs here.

Thank you for any advice,

Dan Sharp
Dan, the Gran Sabana should work fine for you. What model Tacoma do you have? More specifically is it a long bed or a short bed? If it's a short bed, the GS will still work but will hang over the tailgate a bit, it's a 4x6' footprint closed.
As for working with the Front Runer rack, that's a great rack but it has a small lip around the perimeter that will prevent any of the fold out style tents from opening all the way unless you have a set of the Front Runner tent "fit kit" brackets. They are essentially a small spacer that will raise the tent up enough to clear the lip on the rack. If I'm not mistake , Front Runner offers two heights for the brackets, a short and a tall. Up to you which you choose.
Let me know if you have any other questions and remember that I can get you 10% off on your tent order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179