**Tepui RTTs and Accessories**

KodiakTundra907

Woukld like to know the dimension of the Awning Extension in collapse/storage stage? I have an FJ Cruiser and thinking of throwing it up on the stock roof rack

TheFutur

Adventurer
There has been a few comments recently regarding the internal bungies used for Fabric Management on Tepui tents.
Tepui has included shock cording or what others call bungees for fabric management in all tents until recently due to extensive field testing concluding that the attachment of these cords to the canopy walls introduces a weak point for possible water intrusion. In an effort to only produce tents that will stand up to the most extreme weather conditions and keep the occupants dry they have been discontinued while a new design is being refined. Tepui will introduce a better field tested fabric management system shortly but no sooner then thoroughly tested to our satisfaction.

Hello Adam,

Would you suggest that I stop using the bungees for now? I've noticed that it does peel back the tapped seems a bit, should I be a bit concerned about that?

Box Rocket

Hello Adam,

Would you suggest that I stop using the bungees for now? I've noticed that it does peel back the tapped seems a bit, should I be a bit concerned about that?

It's not a bad idea to stop using them if it looks like it's pulling at the seams. It's clearly not going to hurt anything by not using them, just means maybe need to tuck in a a bit more fabric when you put the tent away. Probably better that than creating potential leak spots.

TheFutur

Adventurer
It's not a bad idea to stop using them if it looks like it's pulling at the seams. It's clearly not going to hurt anything by not using them, just means maybe need to tuck in a a bit more fabric when you put the tent away. Probably better that than creating potential leak spots.

I already usually end up tucking in material anyways so an extra 30 second of tucking wont be anything. Just curious should I just keep an eye on the taped seams that have pulled back because of the bungees? If they do leak a bit there is there anyway I can repair it and/or will it be under warranty? Just kinda concerned now :S

sgthawk

Adventurer
Here's an update for those following the thread. Looks like the Olive Green Ruggedized models are finally happening. As long as the delivery of the material is on time it looks like we should have the first batch mid-to-late May. We will have 15 of each of the Kukenam Ruggedized, Kukenam XL Ruggedized and the Autana Ruggedized in Green as well as a few annexes for the Kukenam and Kukenam XL. Sorry, no green Gran Sabana Ruggedized for now.

How would I order one of the olive green tents?

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Just PM Box Rocket and He'll give you all the details and take the order --

You;ll get outstanding service and fast action/w a close/known contact-plus discount !

Good luck

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Box Rocket

I already usually end up tucking in material anyways so an extra 30 second of tucking wont be anything. Just curious should I just keep an eye on the taped seams that have pulled back because of the bungees? If they do leak a bit there is there anyway I can repair it and/or will it be under warranty? Just kinda concerned now :S

I wouldn't worry. You're seams should be just fine. Keep an eye on them for sure and let me know if you have any leaking, but I think you'll be just fine. I've been using the bungees on my own tents for years now and have never had any leaking at those seams.

The olive tent pictured above is our standard Kukenam "Roaring Mountain" and we've got those in stock and ready to go so I can take an order for one of those at any time. Our upcoming Olive Ruggedized models won't be available for another couple months but it will be the same color material as the one pictured. We should be ready to take orders on those around the end of May.

ian408

Observer
Lots of really great info here. I'm on my second year of ownership of a Kukenam Siberian Camo. I really wish I'd gotten the Autana for the extended canopy-which is a nice advantage in the rain.

Although I have never dealt with Adam directly (I live about 30m from HQ), his posts here and elsewhere have been valuable to me. I have to thank him for that.

yotes65

Observer
Thanks for the order! I think you'll love the tent.

Tepui has done a very small run (10 tents) to start. We'll gauge the interest on this first batch before deciding to do another run of them. Keep in mind these will be a heavy tent. With the large size of the tent with the upgraded materials of the Ruggedized models, including a full annex of Ruggedized canvas, it will add some weight. Don't let that scare you off if you are looking for a big, tough tent, but it's something to be aware of. I don't have exact weight numbers but I'll share them as I get them.
Retail cost for the Ruggedized Gran Sabana will be $2300.
It appears that the dock worker strikes have reached some kind of resolution and we should get our containers unloaded soon and ready to ship. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks for the patience.

Any ETA of when the Ruggedized Gran Sabana in Orange will be available?
I assume the Sleeping Footprint will be 72"x96" (WxL) like the regular Gran Sabana & not the Sleeping Footprint of the XL Ruggedized being 76"x96" (WxL).

I current have the XL Ruggedized & use it quite a bit. Being 6'1" & having the extra 4 inches is really nice when I have others sleeping in the tent since we sleep width wise to get four of us comfortably.

Looking forward to purchasing a Ruggedized Gran Sabana in Orange... haven't had the need for the annex yet, however plan on going to FJ Summit this year & having a dry spot to hang out would be great.

Box Rocket

Any ETA of when the Ruggedized Gran Sabana in Orange will be available?
I assume the Sleeping Footprint will be 72"x96" (WxL) like the regular Gran Sabana & not the Sleeping Footprint of the XL Ruggedized being 76"x96" (WxL).

I current have the XL Ruggedized & use it quite a bit. Being 6'1" & having the extra 4 inches is really nice when I have others sleeping in the tent since we sleep width wise to get four of us comfortably.

Looking forward to purchasing a Ruggedized Gran Sabana in Orange... haven't had the need for the annex yet, however plan on going to FJ Summit this year & having a dry spot to hang out would be great.

Currently the Ruggedized Gran Sabana will only be offered in Haze Grey, so I don't have any ETA on an Orange version. The dimension of the Ruggedized Gran Sabana are the same as the standard model.

grogie

Like to Camp
image_zpsj4dhrpwy.jpg
[/URL]

Looks like a nice setup! Plus regarding this photo... that's good winter camping weather. :D

yotes65

Observer
Currently the Ruggedized Gran Sabana will only be offered in Haze Grey, so I don't have any ETA on an Orange version. The dimension of the Ruggedized Gran Sabana are the same as the standard model.

It would seem with all of the inquires in this thread towards the Gran Sabana in Ruggidized Orange that Tepui would easily sell a run of the minimum 10 tents... :)

On my 2nd Tepui & will donate my existing Rubberized XL to my brother when the Rubberized Gran Sababa in Orange is available... patiently waiting...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman