Tepui Tents Group Buy Work Around

Paijanne

I thought I would share since I was cut off and did not get in on the CVT group buy and know that Tepui never does group buys or discount their tents but I did find out that Tepui recently partnered with REI which coincidentally is having their annual members sale through April 4th so I picked up a Kukenam Ruggedized for 20% off and got dividends towards future purchases……..Now that Rocks!!! :Wow1::Wow1:

If you are not a member it takes about 10 mins to sign up then wait for your login and member number to arrive via email. They don’t have the full Tepui Tents line so it is not a slam dunk but if they have the one you want then you can’t beat the deal. Plus your Tepui is backed by REI.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Well crap, I literally used my dividend and 20% earlier today for a stove....could have picked up the Ayer for $500 :mad:

TacomaAustin

Observer
A tip of the hat to you, Paijanne. According to the REI web site, you can have the tent shipped free to one of their stores and pick it up there. I'm tempted to get an Ayer for $716 - if in fact there is free shipping as well.

I hope that Adam chimes in to confirm this.

meental

Observer
I thought purchases that used the 20% off coupon were ineligible towards the dividend. Either way 20% off is a good deal.

Sent from my rooftop tent while stargazing

fredgoodsell

Adventurer
Brilliant idea. Folks better get on this quick before REI wises up and adds these to the giant list of items that are ineligible for the 20% coupons...

chaosinwest

It was hard for me to believe as well so I reached out to REI and got a reply that basically said, "You can apply the 20% towards the Tepui". Shipping to store is free which saves money and I have dividend money that I'll apply. A Great deal. Here's the quote you can save:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting REI regarding the 20% MEMREWARD16 coupon.

I do not find the tent among the exclusions for the coupon, so you should be able to apply it towards the purchase. The coupon is available for one full-price item, so as long as you have not already used it, the coupon should be valid. More information on the coupon may be found here:

https://www.rei.com/coupon#terms

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Kevin V.
REI Online Customer Service

Longtallsally

Adventurer
You guys suck! (and rock in the same sentence for bringing this up)

We didn't use our dividend yet and I just confirmed that both can be used together. I was going to wait a bit, but now since we'd be saving a few hundred dollars, looks like that schedule is getting bumped up.

CSU126

Observer
So for that kind of discount how important is the over hang lets say on the Autana in comparison to the Kukenam? I wish the Autana Rugged was sold by REi at that discount. I would be all over it.

TheFutur

Adventurer
So for that kind of discount how important is the over hang lets say on the Autana in comparison to the Kukenam? I wish the Autana Rugged was sold by REi at that discount. I would be all over it.

Id spend the extra $$$ and get the Autana.

I have a kukenam and wish i spent the extra for a covered ladder.

It also makes the annex larger and when the annex is attached the ladder is 100% protected from the elements and you can leave your shoes at the base.

SoDakSooner

Adventurer
New here, but an REI member. Stumbled across the fact that REI is now carrying Tepui. I have a decent dividend coming so that makes it even cheaper. Problem is I want a bigger tent than the Kukenam. Still debating it though. Really tempting to take advantage to get a great deal.

Would have to drive to Olathe KS to get it but still cheaper than normal freight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears