Test rides complete. Went with the Multistrada.

KiwiKurt

Explorer
Thanks Scott.

It seemed to make sense to me. I spend almost 100% of my time with it on the road....a re-shoe of different tires will allow me to accomplish the trails I would want to on a bike.

Its not an "off road" bike...its a "bad road/light trail" bike. And that's all I needed out of it.....and its a dream on the road.

KiwiKurt

Explorer
Rode down the PCH to Big Sur with FJCJ5 and the families this weekend.

Quasi update on my gear:

The Multistrada is a *FANTASTIC* motorcycle. I can see why it was won so many awards over seas as the best bike. The thing just rails in total comfort. The pirelli Angel GT tire is great. Long wearing, and through the wet curves on this trip it had plenty of grip. In the dry, you can lean the bike over and drag your boots on the pegs with ease. An impressive tire.

The Aether riding gear lived up to its name and price tag. comfortable mid layer, plenty of venting, and decent weather protection. When the rain really rolled in, i did throw on a gortex top. With the factory heated grips, I was comfortable.

Onto the good stuff...

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

KiwiKurt

Explorer
Bike in the shop for a set of racing spec brake rotors and a quick change sprocket carrier with a 42T (up 2 from stock) rear sprocket. Should pick it up today....

also added AltRider armor to the front header pipe and magnesium valve cover, and armored up the radiator and oil cooler with parts from Cox racing a few weeks ago.

Ill have pics up later.

hansrober

Adventurer
Nice bike KiwiKurt, I recently bought a Hyperstrada and have been very happy with Ducati feel and quality in general. I have heard great things about the Multistrada. It seem like its a pretty versatile bike for sure!

KiwiKurt

Explorer
Sorry guys. Been busy traveling. As post a few up mentioned, picked up the bike with a new chain and a quick change rear sprocket that went up 2 teeth in the rear. Really woke the bike up! It tachs up noticeably faster than before. Easier low speed ridinga, smoother starts, the whole 9. I cant recommend it enough. Brings revs up 300ish at cruising speeds but nothing iverly obnoxious.

Rotors didnt make it one but will soon whe the shop schedule clears a little. Next step is a half-system exhaust and an ecu reflash.

jerdog53

Explorer
I dropped a tooth on the front of mine and it does really wake up the bike, much more manageable at slower speeds.

KiwiKurt

Explorer
Yeah lots of people dron a tooth in the front. I looked at it, but decided it was too low a gearing for what i wanted and it increases wear in the swing arm guard and chain (at least, per my shop) so i got a quick change rear. I may go back a little taller in the gearing after the power comes up with a catless exhaust and ecu flash....and now i can easily change.

Any more good dirt riding vids?

Also i never followed up in sending that magnetic drin plug because i think our bikes have them stock.

jerdog53

Explorer
Dont worry the drain plug none. I have been out several times this year but the battery on my GoPro is on the fritz and is needing replaced so nothing new at this point. Thanks for asking!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman