Texas Hill Country (Feb 18-20, 2011)

Thieu

On the PC version, you can cache up to 2GB of Google Earth images. If you have an idea where you are going, you can scan over the area you will be. When you start up GE and have no internet connection, it will run from desktop or whatever GE call that. It's a last ditch effort I use if everything else electronic fails. Then it's over to paper maps.

I actually have an app on the iPad called OffMaps which does the equivalent. I'll definitely use that next time.

nathansvt

Oh man, I just found about this board and looks like I just missed out. Too bad, I'm right around the corner in SA. Looks like a great run though. /jealous. :)

Zoltar

Observer
I actually have an app on the iPad called OffMaps which does the equivalent. I'll definitely use that next time.

I was just about to mention OffMaps. This is about the only reason I would get an iPad, for the awesome touchscreen/zooms with interactive maps, and this is the best "looking" app I've found. I don't have an iPad, so I'm tempted to get it on my phone first... How do you like it? PM me if you want to avoid the hijack...

fingas

Observer
hillcountry001.jpg

The view from campsite #1
hillcountry002.jpg

I got to do a short hike friday
hillcountry004.jpg

hillcountry005.jpg

hillcountry006.jpg

Meeting up saturday morning
hillcountry007.jpg

The regency bridge
hillcountry008.jpg

The rally crew's fortunate unplanned detour
hillcountry010.jpg

Camp for saturday night
hillcountry014.jpg

View from the tent saturday
hillcountry020.jpg

Crossing the river
hillcountry015.jpg

hillcountry016.jpg

hillcountry018.jpg

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
Yeah, me too. I was staring at the sky all weekend as I drove around with the doors off in February. Better weather wouldn't have been possible. I need a job that doesn't interfere with my play time!

yeah it was a beautiful weekend. you need a job that does not interfere and i need a job that will pay for my outdoor obsessions of which there are many.

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
It was great to see old friends, meet new ones, and finally put faces to the people I have "known" for some time.

Thanks to everyone for a great trip. A bunch of cool folks taking a pleasant drive in the country. Doesn't get much better.

I didn't take many pics this trip, but I'll get mine posted up soon, as well as work with Scott to get a video put together.

Can't wait 'til the next trip! :)

Leary

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179