Tex's 2019 GX460 build

KTempleton

Observer
Red 5th Gen Runner with moderate lift, sliders and front runner rack. We went about halfway down to avoid some of the traffic with the kiddos playing and saw ya on the way back.

I was going to try to turn around to get another look at it and say hey. But the traffic was stupid at that time and the kiddo was screaming.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Nice! Yea it's always madness down there during Spring Break and the holidays, we usually try to avoid it during those times but my buddy and his father made the trek out so we couldn't say no. I usually run at least 5-6 miles past the cut to get away from the masses as well but there was a nice opening there before the cut so we parked and sat with no issues. Holler at me the next time you head down, I'll try and meet up.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Rago Fab lower rear shock guards installed, top notch quality on this item, welds look great and PC is very good. Installation was a breeze and if they clear the 3.0 Ironman FCP shock bodies they should be good to go with most any other non-piggyback shock out there. I never really paid much attention to how low and exposed the lower rear shock mount is until I put these on, cheap insurance.

brQEP8u.jpg

YIhT2AK.jpg

42TTTir.jpg

51rr8wt.jpg

oBiu9N2.jpg

sLDzqyn.jpg

bkg

Explorer
is the upper mount slotted? (EDIT: duh... 1st pic)... Can it push into the shock?

Just curious

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I finally got around to installing the SD Offroad ARB Dual Compressor/Switch Pros mount. I first had to uninstall the Slee mount which will now be going to its new home in @SouthTxGX's truck very soon. Just a fair waring for those of you considering installing this mount, it's not the most fun install in the world due to the extreme lack of room needed to bolt everything up. I haven't cursed that many times during an install in a looooong time and I wear a M/L glove, good luck to those with larger hands lol. I had a hell of a time getting the manifold ports lined up where I wanted them and then keeping each fitting properly tightened in order to prevent leaks. I highly suggest you use Teflon tape on the air fittings to help prevent this.

You will need to buy an additional 90 degree air fitting in order to use the hose provided in the ARB Manifold kit due to it's inability to swivel. I purchased the one pictured below locally for $7. ARB sells one that you can find at NorthRidge 4x4 as well: https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...arb-90-deg-elbow-jic4-male-1-4in-npt-male-2pk

yQpHu1I.jpg

I like that the manifold is on its own bracket behind the compressor, it's a better location than how the Slee bracket chose to orient it IMHO. I decided to leave the Switch Pros 9100 unit off until 1) I have a place to mount the remote (still waiting on Treaty Oak there haha) and 2) I have a need for the additional switches. For now I will retain the Toyota style switch for the compressor that's already in place. Note that you do have to remove the four bolts holding the mount to the brackets should you have a blown fuse, but it's a rather easy removal with an Allen wrench.

There's a place for everything and everything in its place with this mount, it helps to keep the engine bay electrical clean, structured, well thought out and easy to access and work on. I'll be sure to post another pic once the Switch Pros is installed. Now to decide between ARB air lockers or Eaton/Harrop E-Lockers!?

5IwQIqL.jpg

rcCLvm9.jpg

kWYFVXS.jpg

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Let's just say that I was on the phone this morning inquiring about ordering an aluminum flatbed tray.
So going this route?

Lockhart Basin Overlanding Campsite with Views of North and South Six Shooter Peaks.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle