Thanks to Chip Haven

dhackney

Expedition Leader
I somehow missed this thread until now. My apologies for not adding to it earlier.

Chip has had a very large impact on more people, their dreams, and their eventual achievments than anyone could ever know.

You never know when you will be someone's rainbow and Chip has been one to many who have dreamed of, or eventually driven down, the path of an expedition camper.

You could list many reasons that ExPo probably has the highest signal to noise ratio of vehicle related online forums. Chip would be among the reasons at the top of that list.

When you see a post from Chip Haven you always know the information will be authoritative and trustworthy. Think about that statement in the context of an online forum. How many people in the virtual community world carry that reputation?

Thanks Chip, for all you have done and all that you do.

Doug

tamangel

Adventurer
ExpeditionCampers.com's archives...?

When ExpeditionCampers.com's website ended, what happened to all the archives, messages and photos? There was a ton of good stuff there. It would be nice if it was somehow accessible for perusing for a while.. There were a number of photos I'd like to get downloaded for my files..

Mike

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
dhackney said:
I somehow missed this thread until now. My apologies for not adding to it earlier.
I, too, missed the thread until now, but wouldn't want to miss an opportunity to acknowledge the enormous contribution Chip makes.

As has been pointed out, his posts are so useful and informative . . . going back to the expeditioncampers days, I don't think he's ever written anything that wasn't worth my time. And I know I'm not the only one who, when reviewing the list of new posts, heads straight for anything Chip has posted, regardless of the topic. One amazingly knowledgeable guy, and an invaluable resource for hundreds of us.

tamangel

Adventurer
Expo Campers forums...any archives?

When ExpeditionCampers.com's website ended, what happened to all the archives, messages and photos? There was a ton of good stuff there. It would be nice if it was somehow accessible for perusing for a while.. There were a number of photos I'd like to get downloaded for my files..

any thing ever happen with this?

Mike

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
There's too much good info from Mr Haven for him to be just one person. I believe him to be a cyber-entity, a composite avatar assembled from the collective intellect of many overlanders.

BTW, how come Doug and Mark hardly post these days?

Dave, go to Chandler and wake Mark up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior