Thanks to Safari LTD. for Supporting Expedition Portal!

If you have a Toyota Land Cruiser, if you live in Grand Junction Colorado or if you attend Toyota 4WD events regularly you no doubt know about Safari LTD and maybe you've been lucky enough to meet Kelly and Hugh in person! If you don't know about Safari LTD we'd like to introduce you and openly thank Kelly and Hugh for supporting our Expedition Portal community.

hugh_kelly.jpg

(From Kelly at Safari LTD)
"Safari Ltd, the Grand Valley's Independent Toyota Service Center, offers service, repair & parts for all things Toyota, including Lexus & Scion. The solar powered shop specializes in all Toyota four-wheel-drives and off-road outfitting. Safari Ltd. also carries a large inventory of adventure travel equipment and recovery gear from quality manufacturers. Safari Ltd's goal is to develop long term relationships with their customers while providing them with high quality service and a good dollar value.

shop.jpg parts.jpg

Repair and maintenance are at the core of Safari Ltd's daily operations. Our Service Writers ensure quality time is spent with each customer to address issues and uses specific to their application. From carburetors to complex computer controlled hybrid systems, engine overhauls to drive train upgrades, our technicians have the ability to take care of all facets of Toyota vehicles. With factory computer diagnostic software and a large library of technical information, Safari Ltd is frequently the last stop for complex diagnostic and repair problems. All this is backed with a 12 month/12,000 mile labor warranty. On any given day, a wide variety of vehicles can be seen at Safari Ltd – from a brand new Lexus Hybrid to a classic Australian spec diesel Land Cruiser & everything in between.

service.jpg diesel.jpg

After-market parts and accessories are on full display in Safari Ltd's showroom, with a focus on overland adventure travel equipment: Roof-top tents, fox wing awnings, fridge/freezers, roof racks, recovery gear, lighting, auxiliary fuel cans, portable power supplies, and parts for the trail. Whatever it takes to get your rig exactly the way you want it. The owners, Hugh and Kelly, spend many weekends out and about in their Land Cruisers, constantly testing and trying new products. They test almost all of the products and services they sell. The products are truly tried and true. So whether it is referred to as overland travel, camping, 4x4, car camping, off-roading, caravanning, wheelin'; they can help you enjoy the journey!

showroom_2.jpg showroom.jpg

Parts are integral to Safari Ltd's service customers and do-it-yourselfers. Obscure parts are easily located with their qualified Parts Interpreters. Attention is given to manufacturers that are known for their quality and value. Stocking original equipment manufacturers such as, NGK, AISIN, Denso and Bando as well as Toyota factory parts, customers are assured quality parts every time. Used parts are also available through Safari Ltd's salvage yard and global used parts network.

Safari Ltd. is located at the corner of 10th & Pitkin in downtown Grand Junction and can be found on-line at www.safari-ltd.com. After 8 years in business, Safari Ltd. prides itself with quality customer service, passion and expertise for all things Toyota ~ so you can enjoy your ride."

alexulivi

You guys forgot to name Pinto. (Healer-Kelpie in the photo with Hugh and Kelly). He is the shop mascot and protector.
I have a few cruisers myself and I only allow Safari to work on them. I have tried a few other shops and all I have come out of it is screwed or with bad juju. For me, they are the only shop and I have a pretty nice shop myself. If you have rare Toyota's or for that matter any Toyota (Prius, Corolla, Four Runner) they can fix it. You need hard to find parts, Hugh and his staff can get them. I feel lucky to have them here in Colorado, but if they where in Alaska, I would get there so they can do their Toyota magic.
The store with all the displays of overland gear and 4x4 stuff is awesome. Nothing like touching and seeing in person what you want to buy. Their staff knows their stuff. I like buying from them because not only do they use their products, they know about them and will tell you what they think about them after using them.
Sure, you might find stuff a hair cheaper on the net, but what do you do when you have a problem? Way easier to call or go to the shop, than to speak with the non English speaking Venezuelan,( no dissing the Venezuelans, I'm Venezuelan) who is in the middle of the Amazon with his IPad. Yes, you saved a few bucks, but now the "little clip" that holds the awning is missing and your waiting forever to get the "little clip" sent to you. Let's hope Venezuelan dude, can get the "little clip" sent off in time for your family camping trip in Moab, when the awning is the make it or break it scenario that keeps the wife happy and out of the sun.

The 70 series Guru. Yes, you read it right. Now, that we are starting to see some 70 series trucks coming in, because of the 25 year rule, he is the most knowledgeable person with these trucks in the US.

I have given away plenty of cash to other shops with negative results. Now,I just hand over my keys and know that the final outcome will be right and much cheaper since we are only doing this once.

I'm a believer, because of the quality of the work performed,was done in an excellent and timely matter.

No, I'm not affiliated, sponsored, or any of that junk. I'm just a happy customer for the last seven years; who's trucks have always come out better than they went in.

Landbruiser

The Best in the West!

We've been customers of Safari for over 10 years, and they are simply the best Toyota shop in existence. Hugh and Kelly (and Pinto) are experienced expeditionaries and strive for excellence in their business every day. They can do whatever you need or want for your Cruiser.

Dr. Freud

Agreed to all of the above. It's so nice to have a trusted Toyota shop just a few miles away. My 80 has needed a lot of love lately and Safari has always hooked me up with the right parts.

peneumbra

Explorer
Don't tell anyone, but Pinto is really in charge of everything. I went in the office one time and he was talking on the phone AND doing some spread-sheet thing on the computer...

4xdog

Explorer
I've stopped in at Safari Ltd. several times over the last few years to have minor and major work done on my Tacoma by Hugh and his crew. They're terrifically accommodating and have become an almost-planned stop on trips to GJ and points west.

The_Dude

Adventurer
They really do provide top notch service and a welcoming, friendly environment! Hugh is as handy on a mountain bike as he is at answering TLC questions as well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12