Thanksgiving trip out West!

1speedlos

Observer
My wife and I drove out from San Antonio to go to Thanksgiving in Riggins, Idaho. I had to take the Pugsley, since it is my newest bike, and there was an outside chance I'd get to ride in the snow. Well, the snow riding didn't materialize, but we did get to ride in s couple of cool places.
We were supposed to start the riding portion of our trip in Gallup, but due to a later start (work...) we had to scrap that particular ride in order to get to Boise on time.
Luckily, Boise has some really good riding. We were staying in Eagle, Id., home of the Idaho Velopark, which was a fun ride, albeit completely overwhelmed by the power of the fat bike.
On Wednesday, we drove up to Riggins for Thanksgiving. Beautiful place right on the Salmon River, and formica on the Idaho forum here pointed me towards the Rapid River Trail. Spectacular scenery, and a few miles up, the fatness came in handy on some really loose talus.
On our way home, we decided that it wouldn't be right to have passed through Moab twice without even a ride. We went to the Sandy Road area, and I rode Slickrock trail. My wife wasn't feeling up to it (we were both getting over a cold, and her equilibrium was off) so she went off to poke around. The Endos worked great on slickrock! great time, unfortunately I didn't get any shots out there.
When I was done, I decided to ride out in the direction that she went, and was told by a Jeeper that she was out on a Jeep trail called Fins and Things. We found each other and rode for about another hour, and did remember to get some shots. The Pugsley ruled the loose sand!
All in all, a great trip. Wish we had been able to take more time to ride.
Pics:
1) Idaho Velopark
2) Start of the Rapid River Trail
3) More of the RRT
4) My face after Slickrock Trail
5) Fins and Things
6) A good day in Moab

Los

Attachments

• IMAG0014.jpg
    IMAG0014.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMAG0020.jpg
    IMAG0020.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMAG0023.jpg
    IMAG0023.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMAG0042.jpg
    IMAG0042.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMAG0047.jpg
    IMAG0047.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMAG0052.jpg
    IMAG0052.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 42

1speedlos

Observer
Yup. 3.7" on those 65mm rims, closer to 4" if one were to use 100mm rims. I opted to keep the 65mm double wall rims, since I don't require the flotation of the wider ones which are single wall.
It's a super fun bike, originally designed for snow and sand, but rolls really well through loose rock, talus, shale, creekbeds, zombies...

Los

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger