The Australian Perenties latest sales

DividingCreek

Explorer
I wouldn't count on Juddy responding. I contacted another Land Rover Dealer in Australia about shipping me a Perentie and after 2 emails they just stopped responding (LANDYBITZ was the companies name) I guess asking how much for RORO to Texas was to much of a question for them to answer after they asked me container or RORO shipping. Not sure what there problem is or with JUDDY but its a sad way to run any business. I will just ship my Land Rovers myself and not bother with ignorant people or companies. Pretty sad.

I have shipped and handled entry for several Land Rovers from Melbourne to Galveston. Also done several Kiwi trucks from Auckland. I can arrange inland transport from Minto to the port as necessary as well. I have a truck inbound from Melbourne now.

Here is where you can buy a perentie directly
https://www.australianfrontlinemachinery.com.au/all-vehicles/land-rover-4x4s#.VHPJJYvF8lI

Personally I have an irrational lust for the 6x6 https://www.australianfrontlinemachinery.com.au/all-vehicles/land-rover-6x6s#.VHPJvIvF8lI

Last edited:

110_wonder

I wouldn't count on Juddy responding. I contacted another Land Rover Dealer in Australia about shipping me a Perentie and after 2 emails they just stopped responding (LANDYBITZ was the companies name) I guess asking how much for RORO to Texas was to much of a question for them to answer after they asked me container or RORO shipping. Not sure what there problem is or with JUDDY but its a sad way to run any business. I will just ship my Land Rovers myself and not bother with ignorant people or companies. Pretty sad.

I know this is an old thread but does anyone know if Landybitz is still in business? Their website isn't working and they don't respond to emails. On here out of desperation...

JCRover

I just got my 6x6 using AUSTOUSA, ultimately things went well (ie. I have my truck, and it is exactly as expected), but their reply time to emails is subpar.

Truck cleared customs end of Feb '17, I was able to pickup the truck the 1st week of March, and I still have not heard anything regarding getting paperwork for the truck (so I'm stuck unable to move forward titling and registering the truck).

It also took a very long time for it to ship to the US (AUSTOUSA uses a "container buddy", which means if you are the 1st person to be reserved for a container, you are stuck waiting for another buyer - or pay the fee for an entire container transport). I started my ordering process in early Oct '16, and the truck did not get shipped out till late Dec/early Jan.

All this may be fairly normal for importing a vehicle from AU to US, others would know better, as this was my 1st experience doing so.
20170309_175103.jpg

Jeff C.
JC's British & 4x4
Englewood, CO

P.S. Shop is expanding and I plan to import vehicles for resale as soon as next year.

Outback

Explorer
Keep us posted on the paper work. I was going to use AUS to USA as well but may do something different if they don't get it together.

uzz32soarer

I've used USA to Oz for cars out of the USA into Melbourne and they were fine. But going the other way is always harder. Far fewer requirements to send things from Oz to the USA so the wait for a shared container is much longer. If you are patient enough it will happen.

AUStoUSA

Can anyone give some good feedback on AUStoUSA services, vehicle inspection, process, etc....? I am interested in buying a 110 within the next year and would like to keep my options open in case one comes up I absolutely can't pass up.

Also, any other great services that offer reliable, site on seen vehicles arriving in the USA?

Thanks,

E

Tommy Bucina

Phil at Aus To Usa just sent my two Landy's from Sydney to Chicago in less then 3 months. Not a scratch on the shi__ boxes..
Dude is the real deal. They do not mess around.
Planning on shipping our next container with them later this summer.
Tom Bucina
Chicago, IL
Bespoke Classic Autos

Phil at Aus To Usa just sent my two Landy's from Sydney to Chicago in less then 3 months. Not a scratch on the shi__ boxes..
Tom Bucina
Chicago, IL
Bespoke Classic Autos

That's great news and thanks for the info. I have been interested in contacting them. Just out of curiousity, what was the container cost alone? I am thinking of shipping my Landy back to the Mainland in a container with all of its toys instead of stripping it for the auto-shippers requirements.

Juddy

Adventurer
Landybitz is still here, and doing well, our website was hacked late last year and its taken some time to get the new one up and running, but its there now.

We are still exporting Perenties more so to the US than any other place, we have a 6x6 Double Cab leaving soon, and we are just preparing a 110 Perentie Station Wagon, its having dual air con, and also a number of other nice upgrades.

For those of you still considering a Perentie Stocks are getting thinner on the ground now, most RFSV's have been sold those that have not should fetch relativity high sale prices, theres still GS/FFR and of course 6x6 but it would be worth buying this year to avoid disappointment

Interestingly Europe is a slow market we have only exported 6 in the last year over there, seems the Brits don't like them too much.

AUStoUSA

Tom Bucina
Chicago, IL
Bespoke Classic Autos

Thanks for the kind words Tom

AUStoUSA

2x6x6_zpsqbwh1aag.jpg

Perentie's are the flavor of the month it seems in North America. We have plenty heading over.

2 Ambulances in one container is really pushing the limits though.... of course we made it happen.

Attachments

• 2x6x6.jpg
    2x6x6.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12