The "Az Crew" Thread

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
Ryan, have you ever seen what I managed to do to the stock mount on mine? It looks like I dropped the entire weight of the truck directly on the passenger side mounting point for the rear trailing arm's front mount from ten feet up. I must have been really horsing it that day. The underside of my 95 looks like a horror show for trucks and I can only be glad I put the sliders on when I did. The last time out (Hackberry), I even managed to bend the plate that protects the gas tank filler tube forward to the point where it fully exposes the hoses and it needs to be bent back into place, probably with a sledge. It's a wonder the thing still drives as well on the road as it does.

Yesterday, I ordered a replacement idler arm for Jorge's 89 (the one that lasted one day on the trail, and, yes, it was a Japanese 555), the new trailing arm bushings, idler arm and Pitman arm for my 95. Those should be in this afternoon, which gives me a bit of time to get ready and get the old parts off so I can trade them in under warranty.

The 83 Power Ram 50 (it's a Mighty Max, Jorge) needs to have its rear leaf spring bushings put in (finally), a water pump replacement (got one, and Jose said he'll do it) and an oil change. I'll have to get three five-quart jugs of Rotella 15W-40 at some point today for inventory.

It beats a day at work.

John B.

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
If I committed to covering the machine cost for gen 1 and 2 brass bushings, would any of you guys be willing to pre-order? I've got the guy ready to do it, I just haven't wanted to deal with the retail aspect of it. Some pre-ordered would make my investment less. Just asking among the AZ crew, I dont want to make people paypal and then have to rely on me, I'd rather work it out with the guys that can show up at my door looking for their stuff when the time comes haha.

Toasty and I just got back from a lighting fast mad dash to the coast. I'll let him fill you guys in though.

PA_JERO

Adventurer
Are we talking brass bushings for butterfly valves or for idlers. Either one, I'm in. Let me know the details.

PA_JERO

Adventurer
It's worth a shot at this point. I blow out idlers fast. The one on my truck is the longest lasting one I've had. 6 months now. The bushings seem like there shot now. Only a matter of time till the shaft starts to bend.

DezRacer25

I'm getting ready to do my front end including idler. I'm in where and how much? Excuse me but this is my first post here.

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
Welcome Dez.

I have a very worn out Gen 1 idler arm for a donor, as if anyone else doesn't. So, I guess I'd be in for a set of two, at least.

I got my 95 done, with a new Pitman arm, idler arm and two new bushings for the front of the rear control arm on the passenger side. Just from taking it around the block, it seems much tighter, so I hope I hit the high points. It's kind of funny dealing with my local Auto Zone these days. They just order in the parts and let me take them, as long as I bring in the old ones. They don't even make me wait around to do their cumbersome exchange process, as they don't seem to be able to teach most of their employees how to handle when the parts are special order. Good for me.

John B.

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
Any oil is better than the two-stroke mix it has right now LOL

There was seriously the normal amount of oil in it and about 4 quarts of fuel from Ernest's ECU blasting the piss out of that engine with constant injection. I've got his truck staged and ready for a road test but I'm not doing it solo.

Congrats on reaching seasoned good guy level with the local parts jockies, makes life a lot easier. I miss having that status and the local auto-********** has a high turn over rate so every time I make an impression, that employee leaves. Maybe I make the wrong impression haha

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
I'm getting ready to do my front end including idler. I'm in where and how much? Excuse me but this is my first post here.

Welcome Dez, I'll make a post once the costs are given to me.

What makes more sense; gen 1 & 2 bushings or gen 2 bushings and the gen 1 guys just have to upgrade their pitman arms and idlers? That's how it works right, gen 2 idler is an upgrade but requires a gen 2 pitman arm?

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Well the gen 1 arm can be made awesome, Gen 2 arm is better stock but I haven't come up with a make awesome fix yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater