THE BUNDU GEAR BUILD - LEXUS GX470

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Well gee! It's about time!:coffeedrink: ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page. Looks nice as much as I hate to admit it.....looks nice.

Hovenator1

The GX470 is in my "short list" for our next vehicle. Curious what kind of trailer you'll be towing. We have a 20' travel trailer the we will tow occasionally.

DanKunz

Adventurer
Looking good! We have twin GXs :). You need to answer my email though! You coming to Moab? I just reserved a cabin!

Gimmie02

Bundu I am planning to lift my Gx but don't really understand about spacers to keep the rear airbags level with front that was raised? Would you have pics or better explain to me on doing this properly. thank you

TexGX

Explorer
I used a half inch nut between the levelers and the frame. Check my build tread with for better pictures. I can tell you this is not a good fix if you plan on off-roading. Both Rou and I popped the air bags off and both switched to coils. The only thing that might work is pinning them so they don't pop off.

TexGX

RCsGX

Bundu I am planning to lift my Gx but don't really understand about spacers to keep the rear airbags level with front that was raised? Would you have pics or better explain to me on doing this properly. thank you

You add washers, nuts, spacers etc. between the ride height sensor brackets and the frame to trick the rear sensors to lift the rear.
*This is on the drivers side*

When TexGX says pinning he means to drill a hole through the airbag pin and add an "R" clip:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears