The cheapest, bestest, bungee-est mod ever.

gasman

Adventurer
did you just screw them underneath . good idea ! i do not like bungies though , a good friend of mine lost an eye when a bungie came loose , the hook went right into his eye

kjp1969

Explorer
I just drilled holes and threaded the bungee through. To secure the ends, I deployed an expedition-approved, single-use, non-loosening nylon polymer unidirectional fastening device:

Attachments

• zip-ties.jpg
    zip-ties.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 31

gasman

Adventurer
excellent ! you know...... its all fun and games til somebuddy loses an eye,

i just hate bungies now,

sorry i wasnt knocking your mod . i just thought they might have hooks on em and would hate to see another person blinded,

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
I just drilled holes and threaded the bungee through. To secure the ends, I deployed an expedition-approved, single-use, non-loosening nylon polymer unidirectional fastening device:

Cool.. where can I find those ?
All I have are zip-ties...:peepwall: :Wow1::sombrero:

:jump::hehe:

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
This was basically how the curtains were fitted in my GTRV Astro donor van:
IMG00245.jpg

Except for the front curtain, they were all hung on bungee cord just passed through some drilled holes and knotted on the ends.

I'm debating whether or not to use the same system in my van. It certainly would be easy to hang curtains that way again, but opening/closing the curtains took two hands, since if you just tried to drag the curtain in a certain direction, the bungee would just stretch instead of the curtain sliding.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Great idea! Now all I have to do is learn some net making knotts and it'll be bungee-cargo-net-crazyness.

I may be going the same route myself. After searching in vain to find a bungee net the correct dimensions to string between the four "coat hooks" in the cargo area of the van, I figured I could just make my own. Debating between a diy bungee net, or just weaving/sewing some 1" nylon webbing and putting some elastic on the ends...

kjp1969

Explorer
I may be going the same route myself. After searching in vain to find a bungee net the correct dimensions to string between the four "coat hooks" in the cargo area of the van, I figured I could just make my own. Debating between a diy bungee net, or just weaving/sewing some 1" nylon webbing and putting some elastic on the ends...

Great minds think alike: My next project is a cargo net that hangs from the ceiling and roll bar and will hold light, fluffy gear up and out of the way (sleeping pads, jackets, etc). If I do it right, it will not interfere with rear vision. :victory:

I picked up the materials today at lunch- 1" tubular webbing, commonly used for rock climbing slings and quick draws. I might make it out of one continuous piece stitched at the intersections so that it will be sturdy enough for intended use, but can also double as an emergency rope of sorts if you cut the stiches. I have 70' of climb-spec webbing, which could be a useful length.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78