The Cherokee is back?

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Jeep is taking a 2014 Cherokee to SEMA. Looks like a mild suspension lift and a rooftop rack were added.

CherokeeSEMA2.jpg
This is exactly like the one I drove except it had roof side bars . Same rims, tires, height and hood decal. It even has the trade mark factory red tow hooks. It may have short comings but looks and stance are not one of them.

bdp1978

Adventurer
The semis must have made all of their deliveries last weekend, because every Jeep dealership around has the Cherokees prominently displayed out front this week. After seeing them more and more I can say the ONLY one to buy would be the Trailhawk.

Bigjerm

SE Expedition Society
Wife and I went and tested one today. Its good for exactly what it was meant to be, a small suv. Its exactly what my wife is looking for, price isn't terrible for the options she wants so we will see how it does over the next few months before we buy

Sent from S3

JJBiggs

Supporting Sponsor | SEES
This vehicle is growing on me. I am a vehicle tech nut. Love great out-of-the-box ideas. Owned a 2012 JK Rubicon that turned out to be a lemon with the whole engine issue. Presently own a 2012 Nissan Xterra Pro4x. Love it, but the other 60% that I am driving to work I have to live with crappy gas mileage. To have a vehicle that can do as much as this can (supposedly), it perks my interest. I see potential opportunities for upgrades (bumper, minor lifts, accessories, etc). Fact is...I do not have a need for rock crawling. Just not into it. But...having the capability to get just about anywhere AND the everyday use factor.........very interesting. I will be keeping my eye on this.

Justincredible

Adventurer
This vehicle is growing on me. I am a vehicle tech nut. Love great out-of-the-box ideas. Owned a 2012 JK Rubicon that turned out to be a lemon with the whole engine issue. Presently own a 2012 Nissan Xterra Pro4x. Love it, but the other 60% that I am driving to work I have to live with crappy gas mileage. To have a vehicle that can do as much as this can (supposedly), it perks my interest. I see potential opportunities for upgrades (bumper, minor lifts, accessories, etc). Fact is...I do not have a need for rock crawling. Just not into it. But...having the capability to get just about anywhere AND the everyday use factor.........very interesting. I will be keeping my eye on this.

I've test driven a couple and completely agree with you. For daily use with the occasional camping/expedition trip the Trailhawk is tough to beat.

I maintain that Jeep is making a mistake by not offering a manual transmission option though.

It's a desert/dirt road bomber, not a rock crawler.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Having seen a number of them up close and in person, I can say that they do not look as bad in person as they do in their pics. I was checking out a loaded Trail Hawk edition one the other day at the dealership, sold in like 1 day. They are having a tough time keeping them on the lot. As I suspected, this is a very timely vehicle and should do very well for Jeep/Chrysler/Fiat.

I still wish they called it something else, but then again I am sure that people said the same thing in 1984 when the Cherokee XJ came out.

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
Someone should make an aftermarket front clip without the squinting headlights. Otherwise it looks good in person.

grogie

Like to Camp
I rode in a Trail Hawk at the Indy new car show (Camp Jeep). It does look a lot better in person, so much so that I like it. The interior is REALLY nice, and for the price, I can see it being very popular for women and small families. If you look at similar vehicles in it's class, it's a winner.

I'd be okay if my wife moved into one from her KJ Liberty (however she wants a Grand Cherokee).

haven

Expedition Leader
Jeep announces the Cherokee Altitude trim package

Cherokee-Altitude.jpg

The blackout trim is available with body colors Brilliant Black, Bright White, Billet Silver and Granite. Altitude trim is available on fwd and awd models, with the four or six cylinder engine. Delivery will begin this Spring.

Jeep now offers Altitude packages for all Jeep models.

haven

Expedition Leader
Goodcarbadcar.net reports that, for 2014 January through April, the new Cherokee is outselling the Wrangler by a small amount in USA.

Cherokee sales -- 51,103
Wrangler sales -- 50,063

The Grand Cherokee is still the most popular Jeep model
Grand Cherokee sales -- 56,490

The good news is that Cherokee is not stealing sales from Wrangler or Grand Cherokee. Both continue to sell at levels reached in 2013.

2014 is looking to be a very profitable year for Jeep. And the new Renegade subcompact is due to arrive in showrooms worldwide in December.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998