The Class of '97 is Seeing Green

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
I went to the Adventure Trailers Movie Night yesterday (which was fantastic) and something odd happened, three Rovers showed up. In itself that would be rather unremarkable but the three Rovers that showed up were all 1997 models. They were all Willow Green and each was a representative of what LRNA offered that year. We had Conal Mackendrick's P38A, Andrew Walcker's D90 LE, and my Discovery SE7. What are the odds?

DSCN3562.jpg

DSCN3555.jpg

DSCN3560.jpg

DSCN3573.jpg

It put a smile on everyone's face! :jump:

DSCN3571.jpg

Last edited:

98sr5

Observer
its sad to see how much land rover softened all of their vehicles wish they still sold vehicles like these in north america

great looking trucks.

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
Now that was a prime year! I agree, what are the odds of having 3 of each of LR's offerings for 1997 in Willow Green in the same parking lot. I went out and bought some lottery tickets after the event:)

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
I would not mind having the other two thirds of that trio parked out front of my place. I would have the only non-concrete, all oil dry driveway in the neighborhood.

Alaska Mike

ExPo Moderator/Eye Candy
I gotta admit, I don't usually like Range Rovers, but that P38 is just about as cool as you can make one. No bling and all business. Awesome.

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
I gotta admit I love Conal's P38, what a sweet rig and a heck of a nice guy to go along with it:) Conal's best quote of the evening had to do with him having a great sense of humor to go along with off-roading in a P38, but I think the joke would be on those that taunt the worthiness of a kitted P38. :26_7_2:

RoverMack

Adventurer
kellymoe said:
Nice pictures Conal. Defense is a fun trail. It sure put my trucks wheelebase to the test when I ran it last year.

That was not one of my better days on the trail. Last day of RR7, and if i remember we stopped afterwards when you were at the side of the road with starter solenoid issues- my suggestion was using a large screwdriver to bridge the starter solenoid, that's if memory serves me well ?

The 108 wheelbase can be an advantage, Defense mine was not one of those days. Only the third time i needed to winch (Moab steel bender when i broke a rear diff, Colorado in the mud and Defense Mine) It was a challenging obstacle for most of the LR's and after watching various vehicles battle over it, i tried 3 times and figured it would be quicker to winch (avoid mechanical carnage for the drive back to LA). This year i have a new DC front driveshaft and a GBR Trutrac in the front to replace to weaker and noisy 3 pin front diff, but its still a VC TC, weighs 6000lb with RTT etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998