The Dirt Sherpa Build

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Looking really good!

I am so jealous of your teak interior. But that 1/4'' of teak must be heavy-heavy.

What are you doing for insulation? Also, have you run the nessisary wiring inside the walls before you close them in?

GCecchetto

Adventurer
Looking really good!

I am so jealous of your teak interior. But that 1/4'' of teak must be heavy-heavy.

What are you doing for insulation? Also, have you run the nessisary wiring inside the walls before you close them in?

The 1/4" teak ply is actually light, surprisingly. My siding was shipped protected with 1" Foamular 250 insulation (earth friendly formula) so that will be used for the walls. I've bought some wire from West Marine but no wiring in yet. It will be roughed in prior to installation of the teak.

GCecchetto

Adventurer
Foggy all day, didn't get started till 2:00 but managed to get all of the opening I can fill at this time done.

The business side of the camper. The Girard tankless water heater is just sitting in the opening, I have a little work to do before it can be installed. In addition to the openings you see here I still have to install a bulkhead fitting for the sink drain and the shore power plug.

2012-08-04_18-58-05_910.jpg

The back end starting to look like a camper. These openings are done aside from installing the screw cover on the windows and caulking around the door.

2012-08-04_18-58-31_383.jpg

GCecchetto

Adventurer
Here's a shot of the Dirt Sherpa on the truck with the steps out.

2012-08-05_15-56-53_191.jpg

Here a shot of the steps in the stowed position. These are still in the prototype phase and work still remains to be done. Yes I know they block the license plate. I'll probably move the license plate of to the side when I get the Expedition One rear bumper.

2012-08-05_19-57-10_269.jpg

GCecchetto

Adventurer
Sorry for the delay in posting. Ran into some issues with how I was planning to trim the camper so I had to stop at the bottom of the side walls until I get the front jack brackets and some custom fabed trim pieces for middle joint and top of the front wall. Have been keeping myself busy with electrical and finishing the Teak wall panels.

Here's a couple pics of the trim.

2012-08-19_17-12-33_885.jpg

2012-08-19_17-13-31_691.jpg

The running lights.

2012-08-19_17-12-51_56.jpg

The waterproof through wall fittings on the front wall for the LED flood lights out the side of the camper. These will be used for the LED flood/backup lights on the rear wall as well.

2012-08-19_17-12-11_89.jpg

The back of one of the through wall fitting. My son got a wee bit close on this photo.

2012-08-19_19-11-32_231.jpg

The LED porch light. This fixture needed some modification to make it worth using.

2012-08-19_19-08-30_7.jpg

Should finish the in wall wiring, exterior lighting, and get the insulation in the walls this coming weekend.

Last edited:

GCecchetto

Adventurer
Folks;

Think I'm going to retire this thread. Doesn't seem like there is much interest so I'm going to save myself time it takes to maintain the thread.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
No. Please keep it coming!

This thread has 6,500 views, a lot of people are following along.

Sometimes there is just not a lot to say when following along with somebody else's build.

GCecchetto

Adventurer
If people are finding the thread useful I'll continue to post. Just seemed like it was nothing but crickets out there:)

CLynn85

Explorer
Yes please continue the thread. Really enjoying this build, was holding off on commenting until the interior started coming together. I'm very impressed at your overall scheme and approach, can't wait to see it finished!

SLO_F-250

Explorer
For sure do NOT stop it! After starting a few build threads myself, the posts come and go. But it does not mean people are not watching and getting valuable info out of it. Please keep up the good work and posts. I get tons of ideas off everyone on this forum. Keep it roll'n!! :elkgrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman