The Dirt Sherpa Build

GCecchetto

Adventurer
Howdy Folks;

Sorry for the dead air. Believe it or not I'm still waiting for Crane Composites to get another order for the material I need for the roof. I'm beyond frustrated to say the least, doesn't look like I'll have a camper to use this summer. I did get the lift done in the truck with King Racing shocks and coilovers and some custom Deaver rear springs. Unfortunately Deaver missed the mark on the springs and it has made a ton of work for me. I'll get some photos this weekend and post them. I'm also making another push at trying to get the roof material, so maybe I'll have something to post in a while.

AeroNautiCal

Explorer
Thanks for the update and sorry to hear about the delays affecting your finishing the camper and enjoying it throughout the summer.

Whilst it's dispiriting, once you've got the last parts and you're not reliant on third parties, it'll be plain sailing.

GCecchetto

Adventurer
Thanks for the kind words folks. Maybe this will help me find some ambition again. Spoke with the local supplier of the product for the roof. I've told him I'll take it in the thicker version of the product, they had offered this months ago. It will add a little weight but they apparently get a lot more orders for it. Hopefully I'll get some good news tomorrow.

GCecchetto

Adventurer
Got conformation that my order, for the thicker material, is in and should be ready to ship within a couple of weeks. Looks like I need to find my groove again.

AeroNautiCal

Explorer
We're all rooting for you, knowing that you want to get stuck in and for you to be able to enjoy the fruits of your inspired build and the meticulous design and construction detail that has become the hallmark of this build!

GCecchetto

Adventurer
Once again, thanks for the kind words. I do truly hope to meet you all somewhere on the outer limits of all of this chaos we have come to accept as normal. I'll be the guy with a fly in the water and a beer in my hand, well, I guess that doesn't narrow it down much does it. I've been so busy trying to protect my constitutional rights from the current gem we have in office that I'll really have to stretch to get the softwall made. Having the roof material underway, finally, is no guaranty of using the camper this summer, but i'll give it a go and see what happens. I can assure you, when this thing is finally complete, it will be hard to track me down, for I will be on the move constantly. Enjoy the weekend folks.

GCecchetto

Adventurer
Changed out the rear springs again today. Deaver sent me a new set of the top three leafs for the springs. Truck sites a little more level now (side to side), and taller by an inch or so. Don't now about the load capacity yet. Took a couple of photos of the King suspension I installed a few months back. Unfortunately the photos I took of the truck to show the added height didn't come out very well so I've included a photo post lift, but pre current rear springs.

20130317_183426.jpgP1000799.jpgP1000800.jpgP1000801.jpg

Last edited:

GCecchetto

Adventurer
Got the word yesterday that my roof material came in, so I'll be picking it up next week. Have a couple more rolls of 3M VHB tape inbound. Going to try to get time to wire the roof this weekend. Stay tuned, updates should start to be much more regular again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12