The Dometic CFX3 Mega Thread

Jeremy Friedman

Hi - I have a cfx375dz which I was having issues with cooling whereby one side (large) would cool too much and the other (small) wouldn’t cool at all. I just replaced both thermistors thinking that was the issue and no luck. Same cooling issue. Any help here? :( thanks

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
Hi - I have a cfx375dz which I was having issues with cooling whereby one side (large) would cool too much and the other (small) wouldn’t cool at all. I just replaced both thermistors thinking that was the issue and no luck. Same cooling issue. Any help here? :( thanks
Hi Jeremy,

We'll drop you a private message and see if we can help to get the issue sorted out.

Thanks!

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

CRYA

Hey all. Happy 2nd Owner of a 75. I know this is Dometic’s thread but wanted to see if anyone might direct me to any aftermarket slide with cutting board. I think Tortuga may be the only option but wanted to check if anyone has found something else?

brices123

I have a CFX3 55IM that I have had for a few years. It has been unplugged and propped open for several months. I just plugged it in to put the Christmas turkey in it, I was able to set the temperature and it cooled off. I tried to connect via the app (Mobile Cooling) but it would not connect via Bluetooth. The app will not connect via WiFi, but I can connect to the fridge network. I tried to reset the fridge, but now the display just shows a QR code and I cannot get anything else to display. The fridge is still cooling, but I do not have any controls.
I tried to connect with the 619 Cooling app but it does not connect either.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you.

ducktapeguy

Adventurer
I have a CFX3 55IM that I have had for a few years. It has been unplugged and propped open for several months. I just plugged it in to put the Christmas turkey in it, I was able to set the temperature and it cooled off. I tried to connect via the app (Mobile Cooling) but it would not connect via Bluetooth. The app will not connect via WiFi, but I can connect to the fridge network. I tried to reset the fridge, but now the display just shows a QR code and I cannot get anything else to display. The fridge is still cooling, but I do not have any controls.
I tried to connect with the 619 Cooling app but it does not connect either.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you.
I’m having the same issue. Haven’t used the fridge in about 6 months. My app was working before but it disappeared, so I re downloaded it again and nothing happens. It shows as connected through WiFi and Bluetooth, but nothing happens all I can do is dismiss the connection screen.

I looked online and it seems other people have had this problem but I haven’t seen a fix.

Tgr

We are on our second CFX3 55. The first was replaced when the termistir failed less than a year. Now our second unit has problems. After working perfectly for 2 years, pretty much non stop, the temp climbed from 10deg to 45 deg and will not budge back down. Thermistir was changed. The compressor continues to run same as always. If this was my other fridge I’d check the freon level. Dometic has told me it’s a sealed compressor. Anyone see this problem?

nonstopbike

Thanks! Your rep emailed right away and gave me a possible simple fix. I finally got a chance to get to moosejaw to pick up the cooler. Completed the simple fix that was outlined and it seems to be working again.

thanks again for escalating it.
Sorry if you’ve already shared, but what was the ‘simple fix’?

Golden Ears

I get an “03” code on my cfx3-35

I know there is some button reset sequence to get it back to normal . Couldn’t find it in the manual any ideas guys ? Dems to happen if I don’t keep it level while pulling it in and out .

aw113sgte

I was really drawn to the CFX3 after seeing the efficiency and lowest noise rating (my engel can wake us up when it kicks in). Reading about lots of quality control issues though - although maybe it's just because so many have been sold.
The National Luna 110 smart legacy is looking pretty good as an alternative but it more expensive and loud.

highwest

I was really drawn to the CFX3 after seeing the efficiency and lowest noise rating (my engel can wake us up when it kicks in). Reading about lots of quality control issues though - although maybe it's just because so many have been sold.
The National Luna 110 smart legacy is looking pretty good as an alternative but it more expensive and loud.
This thread brings out everyone who has had problems. I’ve have a CFX3 35 for years with zero issues (it’s also for sale). The weight/size, efficiency, and noise were big factors when choosing the Dometic over other options. I also have a Truma 69L that seems heavier and noisier (for its size). It’s also a great fridge, but it’s just the one that came with our trailer and I’m not sure I’d choose a Truma if I was independently shopping for a fridge that big. I did choose another Dometic drawer fridge to replace the CFX3 35 in our truck.

goferme

I have a cfx3 75dz and the mobile cooling app. The app has stopped reporting the dc history and gives me the message “history data only available for DC”. The fridge is being powered exclusively from dc. I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled, factory reset the fridge, and also restarted my iPhone. Deleted the Bluetooth connection within settings of my iPhone. I’ve sent a message to Dometic via the app. Curious if anyone else has had this issue.

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
I have a cfx3 75dz and the mobile cooling app. The app has stopped reporting the dc history and gives me the message “history data only available for DC”. The fridge is being powered exclusively from dc. I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled, factory reset the fridge, and also restarted my iPhone. Deleted the Bluetooth connection within settings of my iPhone. I’ve sent a message to Dometic via the app. Curious if anyone else has had this issue.
Sending you a private message to get you connected with someone who should be able to assist (y)

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior