The "Dual Saw"

offroad_nomad

Adventurer
I was watching TV last night and darn if I almost bought the Dual Saw.

omni-dual-saw.jpg

Looks like a great little saw, I remember seeing it on Pitchman. However when I added up the total cost, I'm not so sure it's really worth it. Perhaps someone else knows of a cheaper and/or better alternative saw:

3 payments of $59.99 (179.99) + 39.99 s/h = $219.99.

Then there's the add-on accessories too to jack up th total cost.

Basically I'm looking for something lightweight for around the house, woodworking, cabinets, and building a rear storage drawer. Thanks.

Bennyhana

Adventurer
You can get a dewalt 18volt cordless 6.5in saw for $199.00 with $0 shipping at Home Depot. I'm sure if you search around you might be able to find it cheaper. They work pretty slick... http://tinyurl.com/abwnvd
We built this deck with one when I was in Kuwait....yeah we were that bored...

Attachments

• spec ops deck.JPG
    spec ops deck.JPG
    331.9 KB · Views: 109

winkosmosis

Explorer
None whatsoever in his case. Dead people are entitled to only the respect they earned in life.

My user name says it all. :sombrero:

JP

Pretty funny how when Billy Mays died everyone was like "He was my hero" or "he will be missed" or "a great man has died".

Uhh as I remember he was an annoying shouting huckster who sold overpriced crap to people who didn't know better.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
After suffering an angle grinder wound myself, and seeing worse damage on others from simple abraisive discs, that saw terrifies me!

Curmudgeon

Adventurer
Pretty funny how when Billy Mays died everyone was like "He was my hero" or "he will be missed" or "a great man has died".

Uhh as I remember he was an annoying shouting huckster who sold overpriced crap to people who didn't know better.
That's the sugar coated version of my opinion. My precise opinion of him would probably get me banned here if I were to put it in writing.

JP

JamesDowning

Explorer
Basically I'm looking for something lightweight for around the house, woodworking, cabinets, and building a rear storage drawer. Thanks.

Without a doubt... the Dewalt DC390 is what you want. Cordless, compact, fairly light weight, and will last forever. (plus its even a cost savings over the dual saw p.o.s.)

DeWALT-DC390K-rw-73838-19923.JPG

Though my opinion may be slightly biased...

mnfeo2

Adventurer

LOL...nice! :wings:

chuck45

Observer
I've seen enough injuries with SkilSaws that the Dual saw scares me. It looks like you have marginal control and a minimal base for stability. The contra-rotating blades seem awefully gimmicky to me. The blade guard has MINIMAL coverage and is cheap clear plastic. I'd avoid it this POS like the plague.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle