The ExE Shop Truck (2018 RAM 2500)

Expedition Essentials

Approved Vendor : Expedition Essentials
First of all it has been a really really really long time since I have done anything resembling a build thread but now is a good a time as any.

We have a had this truck for a couple years now and it has mainly been used to haul and tow things to a few events here and there.

But this week it starts to grow up; the driving factor is; factory tires finally wore out and that's as good an excuse as any.

It wont start out as anything crazy but most certainly progress slowly.

Installing a Thuren Overland Extreme Suspension Next week, Then Wheels and tires go on AEV Salta with 37x13.50 Open Country MT's

Adding Bushwacker smooth style extended flares to add a little coverage for the larger tires.

Installing ARB front bumper with bullbar, Comeup seal 16.5 and 4 PTLX Global offroad lights (no longer made) that ive had in the shop a few years.

SPOD 6 switch system to control the lights and air compressor etc.

LOD Offroad rear bumper.

Anyway, here is the truck in current form, bone stock RAM 2500 4WD Cummins (Big Horn) Only modifications to it so far have been adding our RAMPAM dash mount and replacing the headlights with a non chrome housing.

ram1.jpg

Shot of the dash with the RAMPAM

ram2.jpg

New tires and wheels waiting their turn

Attachments

• ram3.jpg
    ram3.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 106

Expedition Essentials

Well. That was fun

beb66039082a09cb9fc89af2b1384449.jpg

80d7c0614b1a16bfa3b6dd52448636c6.jpg

26c57cfd8ddab470906212d6ea584706.jpg

Skipped leg day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UglyViking

Looks great. What are you primarily using the truck for? Front and rear bumpers, are you doing side protection?

Expedition Essentials

Looks great. What are you primarily using the truck for? Front and rear bumpers, are you doing side protection?
Thank you, Yes, side protection is coming, this thing will be set up more as a Day tripper, Search and Rescue type buildout; for the time being anyway, no camper, fridge etc, Just the necessities, armor, recovery gear, medical etc

UglyViking

Thank you, Yes, side protection is coming, this thing will be set up more as a Day tripper, Search and Rescue type buildout; for the time being anyway, no camper, fridge etc, Just the necessities, armor, recovery gear, medical etc

Looks great man. I went back and forth for a while but ended up ordering amp steps. Im think for my personal use and the type of off road the truck will see I'm not gonna have a major concern with side coverage.

I'm curious to what the ARB bumper looks like straight from the side. I find a lot of aftermarket bumpers make the truck look like it's got a "chin". Any change you have a photo from the side of the whole truck?

Expedition Essentials

Looks great man. I went back and forth for a while but ended up ordering amp steps. Im think for my personal use and the type of off road the truck will see I'm not gonna have a major concern with side coverage.

I'm curious to what the ARB bumper looks like straight from the side. I find a lot of aftermarket bumpers make the truck look like it's got a "chin". Any change you have a photo from the side of the whole truck?

Thanks man. Totally understand, more than likely on this I’ll never need the sliders. But you never know. Might end up In Moab one day. Be nice to have the protection even if it’s never needed.

The side view actually looks pretty damn good in my opinion. The bars help though. Probably wouldn’t like it without the bars.

4ffaac735ad2d730fbc53d3b6c4eda5a.jpg

Expedition Essentials

Found some time to install a pair or ARB Solis lights. Install was pretty easy on these, had to modify the adapter harness for the high beam integration because it wasn’t long enough. Other than that. Pretty straight forward. The supplied switch/controller was pretty cool.

They are bright.

e47c27fdf0fc284a7d66efdb51a3f464.jpg

UglyViking

Thanks man. Totally understand, more than likely on this I’ll never need the sliders. But you never know. Might end up In Moab one day. Be nice to have the protection even if it’s never needed.

The side view actually looks pretty damn good in my opinion. The bars help though. Probably wouldn’t like it without the bars.

Man that looks really really good. I wish it was a little closer to the body of the truck, but even still I like it looks awesome. Like you said, may never need the sliders but def want them when you need them. Either way it looks great and def is nice for getting extra lighting, winch and protection.

CFMGarage

Always love to see a Ram build.

Any feedback on the RAMPAM? Any pictures of the install for that?

That dash panel is all clips and 2 screws, I'm wondering how it'll hold up to hanging gear from there. It would be a nice option for my G56 truck.

Expedition Essentials

Always love to see a Ram build.

Any feedback on the RAMPAM? Any pictures of the install for that?

That dash panel is all clips and 2 screws, I'm wondering how it'll hold up to hanging gear from there. It would be a nice option for my G56 truck.

The RAMPAM is really solid. It uses a center mount plate that replaces the flimsy center nut clips as well as the side mounts that are attached to the fixed plastic part of the dash not the removable center section.

I didn’t take any pictures during the process unfortunately

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan